• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Out of Memory

noddy

SOH-CM-2024
Since getting my 2 new GTX460 cards, I have been getting OOM when using FSX. I am using Vista 32 Bit Ultimate, 4 gb of ram 1066 ddr2.

I have been using NickN tuning guide regarding memory, which worked very well on the old cards etc. As of last night I lowered the figure down to 2176 per the guide but that still caused a problem.

Before shutting down I returned the level to default of 2048, but as yet not test this. If this falls what are the options?

I guess a 64 Bit OS?

Andy

I think the problem is your 32 bit OS. It can only allocate 3.5 GB, your video card system is requiring the OS to allocate 2 GB for the cards, leaving only 1.5GB of allocation for the operating system, background processes, and FSX. I use the 4GB switch with my 32bit OS, but my video card has only 512MB of RAM. No more OOM errors for me, but if I install a 1GB video card, I might be right back where I was with OOM messages. I'm sure I would be with 2GB of video RAM.

Back