• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

OZx Releases FlyMexico Photoreal

JayKae

Charter Member
OZx has released the photoreal scenery of Mexico City and surroundings! For the first time, and for free, we have the opportunity to fly above a very interesting and a very big area of Mexico. The photoreal technique that has been used to realize the scenery includes animated water for all the areas, swimming pools included.... the resolution of the scenery is 1m/pixel, almost the maximum we can obtain now, and it runs with FSX SP2 only. For the moment the scenery hasn't got autogen and you can fly only in the daylight. These features will be available in the next version, but we are sure that you will enjoy the scenery as well, in this first version. It can be downloaded by clicking here.

Thanks for the HU mate, sounds great and is downloading pretty fast! :ernae:

ok - this thread has been up here a while now - does anyone have screen shots?

I know its a freeware deal - but I am leary of installing things into my FSX just now (or ever) - it is running reall smoothly and I dont wanna rock the boat.

So if anyone has a pic or two along with some commentary that would be cool...:kilroy:

Here's a few.
2008-10-17_20-14-29-265-1.jpg

2008-10-17_20-17-24-906-1.jpg

2008-10-17_20-31-50-968-1.jpg

2008-10-17_20-16-12-328-1.jpg

Man I dislike photoreal...........it just doesn't look real to my eye.
Me too'I installed it flew one flight and got rid of it .It looks great from 6,000 feet but I'm a low and slow flier and can't stand the flat buildings and no autogen.The ground does look very good though. I appreciate the work that went into it,just not my thing

ok - now I can see and thanks Trans_1007 - I appreciate you taking the time to post screens.

I guess the photo-real deal is not my deal either - I had a photo real Hawaii and just didn't like the look of it at low altitude...one of FSX's real features is the autogen scenery and the way it interacts with the light and shadows within the sim.

I like the look of tile proxy better but I do not like the size of those files or the pre-loading flights...also the autogen is not present - but on the plus side - the shorelines and the relationship of the terrain to the oceans and lakes looks better...you all know how I feel about FSX's look of floating landmasses on top of the water and not rising out of it...tile proxy seems to ammend that at least.

It would be great if tile proxy could be used along shorelines only - say as a strip of 50-100 meters or so from 25 meters or so offshore to the balance onshore if you will...

or if Aces would address this item in the next iteration of FlightSim and make the continental terrain appear to submerge into the seas and lakes, like it does in r/l

you know - if Real Environment X (or REX if you don't know) addresses this issue I am going to be right beside myself :ernae:

There is a 2nd version in dev. that'll address night lighting and autogen. If you take your time in this scenery it grows on ya. There is some historical Mayan artifacts and temples in the scenery.

autogen inclusive eh?... well that might be worth looking at.

this freeware release was an introduction and therefore not the full monty - just one season and for use in 'daylight' setting only - so it definitely deserves some more attention.

I hate to ask - but do you have any coastline screens? or if anyone else does could they post them up please?

Back