• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to
P-38J/L upgrade, CFS3.1a and ETO

P-38J/L upgrade, CFS3.1a and ETO 1.0

No permission to download

greycap.raf

Charter Member
greycap.raf submitted a new resource:

P-38J/L upgrade, CFS3.1a and ETO - Upgrade of the stock P-38J and P-38L.

Upgrade of the stock P-38J and P-38L.

Credits:

Model by Microsoft, updated by Rene Leppä

Flight Model by gregoryp of AvHistory (P-38J-25) modified to reflect the P-38J/L series by Rene Leppä

Skins by Rene Leppä, guidance and several borrowed parts by Nigel Dickinson

Pylons by Rene Leppä

Drop tanks by jaycee, repainted by Rene Leppä

Read more about this resource...

Getting this finally out was a victory very hard won. I began work on it in summer 2021, got it nearly done in early 2022 before getting sent to the hospital - even had weird dreams about it in my pretty beat up brain during the night in the ICU - and after that I didn't even want to touch it for a while so the P-47D/M set appeared instead.

This summer I decided to finish it for good but the standard to which I had painted it back then wasn't up to date anymore so I took on the pretty Herculean task of riveting the entire thing, resulting in moving quite a few panel lines to fit and being overall an extremely tedious job as it basically has six fuselage sides and the model is more crooked than an average politician. Lots of frustration and "oh **** that part needs changing too and I have four different templates to fix" later it's finally here in all its glory. Not a nice project to do by any means, but a very satisfying end result.

New life for a very overlooked model. Amazing what you done with a stock aircraft. From the beautiful skins ,updated gunsite, panel rivets, and the major work on the 1% Flight model, and so much more. Amazing ! Thanks Rene for all the time and effort . Been flying it and the flight model is so accurate. Howard Hughes finest fighter
of WW II . Dominated the PTO, Two. of the highest scoring aces flew this Aircraft. That says a lot. Greatly feared by the Luftwaffe also . Exciting to fly in combat. Much joy
Regards , Scott

Yes, my dad's cousin flew one in the Pacific, KIA sadly.
Any details about him and the aircraft? There's a PTO set coming at some point too.

Installed, but no cockpit graphics!
That's... interesting. Every aircraft even has its own cockpit texture, I did it that way to make sure nothing is shared in case someone wants to remove some of the aircraft and the package has all the textures - just checked - and the cockpit models each call for the particular texture for that aircraft.

Unless, are you flying the AI model beginning with ~ in front of the name? They don't have the cockpit at all because they're, well, AI.

Back