• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3D V5 to FSX

tgycgijoes

Members +
Ed Akridge is creating his home airport KCSG Columbia Muni Georgia. I am working on the custom terminal in Sketchup for him. When I complete it and he installs it I would like to have a copy of the airport BUT, he is creating it in P3D V5 and I fly FSX. My ADEx won't open it and he can't get his ADEx to compile it for FSX. Is there anyone here who can help? Signed, Desperate LOL! Seriously, I hope that one of you can do it.

What version of ADE is being used here? I have version 1.76 "Pro" which is the last version available to my knowledge. There hasn't been an update for ADE in a long time. My version allows for FS9, FSX and P3DV4, which are the sims on my system. I never updated to P3D_V5 for personal reasons, but I suspect that it would also show in the opening screen (where you can select what Sim you are working with) if it was installed.

Additional Info:If he will compile his airport ADE and have it generate an XML file, then package all the ADEX files that display in the scenery folder, along with the XML file I can give it a try. The XML file is key though, as opening the ADE files with an XML will load everything, if I use the bgl file it leaves out any background or ground poly's that are being used.

To my knowledge 1.78 was the last "stable version" released with 1.79 being an "open beta" version with P3dV5 support...

I am using 1.79 Beta to compile for v5. The issue that has arisen is that after a recent OS crash ADE no longer recognizes my FSX installation.

Back