• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to
Thanks for the nice words, guys. I like your comments :)
Unfortunately, I can not change the title (lighting). Sorry for that.

sorry i dont want to be the party pooper

while i agree its new to V4 but isn't this the same effect, as dynamic ground lighting thats already available

is this any different to the adjustable spotlights on aircraft? I noticed on the demo videos and my installed helos you can reproduce the same effect as the torch in your video

And ive also notice with certain light based .fxs they cast a down light from the .fx onto the ground only illuminating whats in range

could you please explain more, on what is new in your video that still requires implementation into general use please as ive read your post and the replies as its a new development of v4

the attached image is a stock p3d aircraft that also has this ability

2017-6-10_19-52-21-763.thumb.png.0ebdf52b9b44b2af96c365f4914449a8.png

Last edited:
That stock P3D aircraft uses "fx_landing.fx" for its landing light effect (probably attached to the model).

In P3DV4, that effect has been made into a dynamic light, so any aircraft using it now has a dynamic landing light.

I hope that explains Jeansy.

- JP

That stock P3D aircraft uses "fx_landing.fx" for its landing light effect (probably attached to the model).

In P3DV4, that effect has been made into a dynamic light, so any aircraft using it now has a dynamic landing light.

I hope that explains Jeansy.

- JP

I understand that, however I may have misread his initial post and the other replies, but my understanding thus far of his post called real time lighting is another thing than dynamic lighting which has just been designed for v4

and Im questioning if its the same thing that was included in v4

That's not exactly correct.
Only the light on the flashlight is a landing light. The other lights are standard fx files that have been slightly modified!

regards
Christian

P3DV4 Avatar with "dynamic" flashlight

Hello!

Would like to briefly inform you that since yesterday a new package of civil avatars for P3DV4 exists. An avatar (William) was equipped with a flashlight and the new Avatar package supports the new features (dynamic lights) of p3DV4. So then also explorations of scenerys in darkness are nothing more in the way :)

The download of the avatars is as always freely accessible, just take a look: http://www.bahrometrix.de/downloads/prepar3d-avatare-download/

*It is recommended to uninstall old versions of the avatars!

Best regard
Christian

p3dv4_avatar_william_flashlight.jpg

Picture: P3DV4 Avatar William with flashlight in EDRN Nannhausen

Attachments

• p3dv4_avatar_william_flashlight.jpg
    p3dv4_avatar_william_flashlight.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
Back