• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Quickie Airport

Bell Island CCV4?

That's the one! Since you have Richards NAS Argentia I thought another airport within a short distance (about 55nm or so) would be someplace to explore without having to fly hundreds of miles.

Last edited:
That's the one! Since you have Richards NAS Argentia I thought another airport within a short distance (about 55nm or so) would be someplace to explore without having to fly hundreds of miles.

LOL Ed! I've been using the default Bell Island to test Argentia. Was useful enough esp. when St. John's was IFR and the Canso (Aerosoft) was running on a single engine. Will be looking forward to yours.

The latest NAS Argentia scenery has some scrub bushes on the taxiway (P3D V5.4) Could be bleed thru of stock airport scenery if so, would need to exclude those areas with the bushes on taxiway.

Capture5.jpg

New ramps look great!! Thanks ED.

ramp.jpg

Just for grins. I activated Richards original scenery and the bushes are also on the taxi way. Same-o Same-o
I guess I never did taxi in that spot before.

Just Checked Argentia

I checked my Argentia in Prepar3D V4.5 and checked the options just to be sure I didn't have autogen off and i have all the sliders maxed to extremely dense. There are only 3 taxiways in my download version for Argentia and there are no bushes at all on any of my taxiways. Weird! :dizzy: There should be no exclude required for it since it does not exist in the sim so no conflict possible. It's not an ORBX either like Morgantown was. Now Bell Island is a default scenery but still to my knowledge if it's in the addon scenery it should supercede the default scenery only another scenery of the same added on would conflict. Am I correct, guys?

Gray Eagle try this:
in your FSX config file under [TERRAIN] add this line if it isn't already there,

IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048

See if that helps any.

That seemed to do the trick Ed ** Thank you ** - I had to add that entry to my P3DB5 cfg file. This was common issue with my other older versions of P3D ie V3/4 and 5 .

[TERRAIN]
IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048 <<<<<<<<< added entry here <<<<<<<
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
TESSELLATION_FACTOR=85
MESH_RESOLUTION=23
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=3
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1

And the results:

Capture7.jpg

Gray Eagle try this:
in your FSX config file under [TERRAIN] add this line if it isn't already there,

See if that helps any.

I googled that entry and found a little news nugget on using that enry

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/497276-autogen-polygon-accuracy-prepar3dcfg/

Plus this https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/world/autogeneration/autogeneration_overview.html

All I know is that entry had something to do with drawing vegetation placement and, is a brilliant suggestion Thanks again Ed.

Gray Eagle try this:

See if that helps any.

It shouldn't have any adverse affect really as it's basic job is to align vegetation based on where it is placed. At the lower settings vegetation has the ability to "spread out" within the larger pixels. . . .tighten the pixels up and the vegetation can't wander around as much, lol

Back