• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

R. Laborie's Vought Crusader F-8 for P3D4 & 5 released

Downloaded.

You're going to need dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll from Doug Dawson in your main 'gauges' folder.

Dave

2021-3-27_13-53-16-144.jpg

2021-3-27-13-57-0-398.jpg

Oh, yes.

Dave

Well-this was a surprise.

As an avid F-8 aficionado, I should be extremely excited. To be sure, the VC looks quite nice, and the inclusion of the XF8U is a very nice and rare touch.

However, the E model looks oddly malformed aft of the cockpit/dorsal area as well as the tail. The NMC DF-8A scheme is painted on the E model, which I’d have imagined an extremely well known distinction to know if you’re modelling this subject. The bizarre fixation with the Bullpup, a weapon of extremely limited operational use to the point of including it on models like the prototype is just that-bizarre. Most notably, the inclusion of the AGM’s avionics hump on that first prototype. Why? That and other easy to spot mistakes does not encourage the expectation of accuracy in other, more subtle areas.

Had an RF-8A or G been included, that might have convinced me. But as it stands, it’s a pass for me. Which is sad, as I’ve had a deep connection with every F-8 model for FS since the start of this millennium.

Nevertheless, a tip of the hat to Roland for taking on a Cold War icon.

D

Hey DL, I seem to remember last year that the RFN 8 project (Sylvain) was planning for the wing rack additions (F-8E). Here is a link to some of that discussion (V1.3) - I wonder if it ever came to fruition?, or is this release one and the same?
Not the same and Sylvain is still working on it between everything else. But let's not hijack this thread.
:ernaehrung004:

Any opinions how this compares to the free RFN Crusader? Is it worth paying for?

I guess it depends if you want to pay for the F8-E with ordnance loaded on the wing racks and ability to launch them or
wait for the RFN to release their F8-E and will be free.

Back