• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Razbam A7 Corsair Tacpack - in flight engine flame-out issue

menef

Charter Member
Hello ! I've this problem with the A7 (Tacpack version by Razbam) : When in flight, the engine shut-off by itself with no reason, this can happens after 6/7 minutes after the take-off or also after 20/30 minutes. I don't
slam the throttle back and forward during the flight, I'm gentle keeping the jet power at around 85% and there's no way to restart the engine. I don't ask to Razbam anything being them very careless with their costumers so I ask here if someone here had the same odd behaviour.
Thank you

Hello ! I've this problem with the A7 (Tacpack version by Razbam) : When in flight, the engine shut-off by itself with no reason, this can happens after 6/7 minutes after the take-off or also after 20/30 minutes. I don't
slam the throttle back and forward during the flight, I'm gentle keeping the jet power at around 85% and there's no way to restart the engine. I don't ask to Razbam anything being them very careless with their costumers so I ask here if someone here had the same odd behaviour.
Thank you

Stupid question but have you checked fuel?

RB has moved on to other sims (DCS), but the biggest thing to watch when flying both Tacpack and non-TP A-7s, engine TOT will exceed limits and shutdown.

RB has moved on to other sims (DCS), but the biggest thing to watch when flying both Tacpack and non-TP A-7s, engine TOT will exceed limits and shutdown.
You are right! It's also well stated in the manual! My mistake (and my rush to take off without reading the POH)@ Duckie : in aviation there's no stupid questions!

You are right! It's also well stated in the manual! My mistake (and my rush to take off without reading the POH)@ Duckie : in aviation there's no stupid questions!
Watch it on letdown too. You can have it at idle, go into a dive from altitude and it will also flame out as you get into thicker, warmer air. Around 15-20K feet or so and higher you can run wide open as the air is cool enough to keep temps in check. The engine in this is almost as hard to keep from flaming out as the Me-262 from Flight Replicas. I have quite a few single engine landings in that one!

Watch it on letdown too. You can have it at idle, go into a dive from altitude and it will also flame out as you get into thicker, warmer air. Around 15-20K feet or so and higher you can run wide open as the air is cool enough to keep temps in check. The engine in this is almost as hard to keep from flaming out as the Me-262 from Flight Replicas. I have quite a few single engine landings in that one!
Ok, thanks, just yesterday I've had a flameout after a touch and go, and the TOT was not over the red line...

Hello Cees! I'm flying the A7 - Tacpack version and the jet gauge we are talking about is the TOT = Turbine outlet temperature.
tot.JPG

Cattura.JPG

Back