• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to
SB2U-3_Vindicator

SB2U-3_Vindicator 2024-08-07

No permission to download

Captain Kurt

Library Staff
Staff member
Captain Kurt submitted a new resource:

SB2U-3_Vindicator - SB2U-3_Vindicator.zip

Vought SB2U-3 Vindicator

Unit: Marine Scout Bombing Squadron 241 (VMSB-241) Midway Island, June 1942
Pilot: 2Lt James H. Marmande and rear seat gunner PFC Ed Colvin, lost after attacking the Japanese battleship Haruna on June 4, 1942

The SB2U-3 was developed to fill a Marine Corps requirement for a dive bomber with extended range and 57 were ordered in September 1939. The horizontal stabilizer span was increased from 13ft 3in, to 15ft 2in, a larger cowling air scoop was added, unprotected...

Read more about this resource...SB2U-3 Vindicator.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Kurt.

I wonder if anyone will do a mission of them attacking the IJN Fleet at Midway.

I have a DVD of the USS Hornet that covers it during the War and it also has film of Midway of the Japanese attack.Talon's uncle served on the Hornet until was sunk and took some of the film of all the battles she was in and the Doolittle Raid taking off.Some it is footage never seen before.It also showing the Vindicators taking of to attack the IJN Fleet.

I know I went off topic.

Hiede

Beautiful! One of my favorite planes from the Golden Wings era. Ginter Books has a superb book on this plane.

Thank you Kurt.

I wonder if anyone will do a mission of them attacking the IJN Fleet at Midway.

I have a DVD of the USS Hornet that covers it during the War and it also has film of Midway of the Japanese attack.Talon's uncle served on the Hornet until was sunk and took some of the film of all the battles she was in and the Doolittle Raid taking off.Some it is footage never seen before.It also showing the Vindicators taking of to attack the IJN Fleet.

I know I went off topic.

Hiede
t
There is a Midway mission. I'll look it in my files.

t
There is a Midway mission. I'll look it in my files.
Yes I know there is a mission of them at Midway but it's old.So you are saying a new mission with all the new ships,Effects and Planes is a bad thing?So I guess updating of the Shadow Wolf,Captain Kurt and Talon campaigns with all the new ships,planes and scenery is bad because they were already done before.

Hiede

NO!
What I'm saying is that we have a starting point!

Cheers

Pepe
It doesn't matter,a whole new mission of the Vindicators at Midway has already been done from scratch.A lot of the attack missions from Midway I been done all from scratch.These include the B-17 and PBY attack on the IJN transport fleet,B-17 attack on the carriers,a B-26 attack,Avenger attack and the Dauntless attack.I think Stuart did these years ago.

Hiede

Back