• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SBuilderX Assist Needed

falcon409

SOH-CM-2022
I have posted this over at FSDeveloper however after many views I haven't gotten even a guess as to what is causing the problem. I am helping Richard with the satellite imagery for NAS_Argentia. The airport sits on a triangular peninsula which in terms of scenery basically renders it an Island with all the problems that incurs for scenery work.

1.) the default must be deleted, then that area must be filled with water
2.) the Hydro Poly that fills that area must be manipulated to cause a hole to form around the Island allowing the new Satellite image to show through.

Image1 by Ed Wells, on Flickr NAS_Argentia-2023-aug-9-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

If the Island was free standing that would be the end of it, however being a peninsula it has attaching landmass which is affected by the hydro poly causing the poly to knock out a portion of the existing landmass away from the peninsula. I am trying to figure out how to clear that portion that's affected so that the default area is revealed and I can get this to Richard and he can complete his project.

Any help would be appreciated.

As a point of reference, this is what the surrounding area looks like. The visible area in the center shows the QMID cell 13 and also shows that it cuts into the adjacent landmass away from the peninsula. I need to get that area back somehow.

QMID13 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

A Scenery Guru came to my rescue to show me how actually simple it was. Problem solved, now I can fine tune this and get everything to Richard.

That IS good news ED. I am for one very anxious to see how this scenery turns out and if it will work with P3DV5. I was once there as a Navy brat back in ~'55 on a stopover to Naples.

A Scenery Guru came to my rescue to show me how actually simple it was. Problem solved, now I can fine tune this and get everything to Richard.

Back