• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Searching for an FDE

falcon409

SOH-CM-2022
More specifically, if anyone is a fan of Ito's Avia Accord201 and has something better than the default FDE it came with, I would love to have it. I have only two right now. . .the one it was released with (which Ito San admitted isn't correct) or one done by a member many moons ago that is way too fast and difficult to handle as a hand flyer.

Any help would be appreciated. . .Thanks!

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 124
I don't have that aircraft but looking at the size and engine type have you tried substituting the FDE (both the .air file and the data in the aircraft.cfg file below the paint data) from Craig Richardson's freeware Dornier Do28A or Do28B.

They look about the same in terms of size and function and might suit your needs.

I don't have that aircraft but looking at the size and engine type have you tried substituting the FDE (both the .air file and the data in the aircraft.cfg file below the paint data) from Craig Richardson's freeware Dornier Do28A or Do28B.

They look about the same in terms of size and function and might suit your needs.
Perfect Larry!! A few other sections I want to move over (flaps for sure and probably the sounds set as well). A lot of problems with the original FDE, (trim, AP hold, sounds, speed, etc). This one is perfect. . .thanks for the HU.

The concern I have with the Do-28 would be the thrust line and pitch changes with power.

Also very similar to the Avia is the original G-44 Widgeon which has high-mounted engines, similar weights and performance. There's the Joe Binka Ranger-powered G-44 (grumwidg.zip) at FlightSim for 2004. Watch out for most of the "updated" ones that changed the cfg. to represent the 270 HP flat-six Lycomings.
With any of those though you will have a tail dragger.

The BN-2 Islander is a bit heavier but the early variants might be close in pwr/wt ratios and have a nosewheel already set up

The concern I have with the Do-28 would be the thrust line and pitch changes with power.

Also very similar to the Avia is the original G-44 Widgeon which has high-mounted engines, similar weights and performance. There's the Joe Binka Ranger-powered G-44 (grumwidg.zip) at FlightSim for 2004. Watch out for most of the "updated" ones that changed the cfg. to represent the 270 HP flat-six Lycomings.
With any of those though you will have a tail dragger.

The BN-2 Islander is a bit heavier but the early variants might be close in pwr/wt ratios and have a nosewheel already set up
Thanks Rob. I'll look into those when I return on Sunday!

Back