• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

SSW F-104G Maps and vACMI Issues - help needed

expat

Charter Member
There I was, really enjoying a revisit to the Zipper and actually finding flying, handling, even landing it enjoyable. Realised I had no working radar so downloaded the vACMI files from the SSW web site. Not very clear what this does or what you do with it but behold, I have a nice radar image now on the screen. Then went and downloaded the Maps and Terrain and other ACMI ship, objects files.

No visible map/terrain though on the screen AND the next thing I know I get targeted and blown up - twice! - on the ground and in the air by SAM-2 missles coming up everywhere. Over Suffolk, England???!!

Can anyone tell me what on earth is going on, how I get rid of all the Falcon 4.0 stuff (dont' want weapons, targets etc) how I get the terrain map to work. And it's also now making a very different sound . .

Thanks!

ZBk3dZ8.png

Expat - if you haven't tried it yet you might take a look in the SimSkunkWorks/vACMI/battle_order folder within your P3D folder. There are a number of files there with the .bo extension that define where the SAM and AAA sites are. You could presumably edit the problematic ones out or do as I did and just delete the files. :encouragement:

That seemed to work well enough when flying the Tornado around Aviano air base.

As for the maps I seem to recall that the 104G didn't have a radar ground mapping mode or at least it wasn't supported in the SSW 104G. I believe the 104S does support the maps or at least a terrain mapping mode. I have gotten the maps to work in the Harrier but I haven't tried it yet in the 104's or the Tornado.

Chris

Hey Chris,
Really appreciate the quick and clear guidance. I have the latest Harrier in the hangar and will try the maps with it. Also have the S Zipper somwhere and will do a comparison test with the G.
Cheers!
expat

Where do people put their maps on their system? SSW says x drive > Programs > Lockheed Martin > P3Dv4 folder. I don't have the last folder down that path, just the P3D SDK's are there. I put the maps in path via Program Data > etc > etc that does lead to a P3DV4 folder. Ist that where others locate it? I don't get the ground return images one sees in the F104 SSW docs - idiot's guide to the radar. Guess the title isn't accurate, LOL!!

Last edited:
Well, I am occasionally an idiot and I definitely do not have good feel for how the radar works. But... In my install all the radar height files and radar maps are located in the SimSkunkWorks/WebSimConnect folder. I think the maps are in SimSkunkWorks/WebSimConnect/www/RPMD and the height files are in SimSkunkWorks/WebSimConnect/www/ESRRD.

I'd look at your WebSimConnect folder and go from there! I don't really know how to read the ground return on the radar but I was getting a return while flying the 104S around the UK today.

Chris

Back