• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

St Louis Photoreal

Actually it is new photoreal developed from Terraserver data. Starting to upload to flightsim.com today. Will take a few days to get all 30 sections uploaded (2 Gb total).

Thanks Jimjones for the HU, I do like photo real. Nice way to learn about the area.

Jim

Jim, it looks excellent! I can't wait to try it out - I love the higher resolution scenery which is now possible.

flightsim.com released the first 8 files the day after they were uploaded. However I uploaded the remaining 22 files on 10/3, 10/4 and 10/5. None have appeared in the Library as of 10/6. I've sent an email to the webmaster to see if there is a problem and will pass along the response here if and when I receive one.

This is the response from flightsim.com:

Hi Jim.

I was away over the weekend, that's the reason for the delay. They are
actually being copied to the servers right now, but because the files
are so big it's taking a very long time. I'm going to give the new files
tomorrow's date so they show up as new files in tomorrow's list. Since
today is already almost over if I just added them to the list today
they'd be pushed down too quickly and people might overlook them.

--Nels Anderson

Hi. Thanks. They are listed by section letters. What are the section letters for downtown and Lambert? Thanks, regards, Bob.

Hi JIm. Thanks for the files. I installed the scenery for downtown by the Arch. I noticed that the river is brown compared with the default river. Is this normal? I know when I lived there it was muddy compared to the default river texture. Thanks, best regards, Bob.

The default river color and texture are not true, but simulations approximating how water looks. The St Louis scenery is only a snapshot in time, so the water color can vary.

I chose not to redraw the river bounderies and insert default water for two main reason. First the photos is someways are more realistic showing river barges and other shore features such as river boats and dykes that protect the shoreline. The other reason is not so noble, its too much work to redo the river and I'm lazy.

So the loss in my choice of river water is the loss of those neat default reflections and the inability to land on the water realistically.

Back