• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Steam effect in P3D

When I was creating some effect files for my releases I would edit the particle lifetime and fade out - at least going off my memory - it's been a while since I tinkered with these.

Is it a default effect that ships with P3D or an addon - if default what is it called?

the steam does last for awhile after a shot; as the cat pistons retract, the sealing strip is lifted on each cylinder just as it is lifted during a shot. It also depends on the wind, humidity and temperature as these directly affect the exhaust persistance as well.

Although most of the steam of a cat shot is exhausted under water through a sea chest, a lot still remains and you see it during the retraction cycle.

Last edited:
After launch and a circular flight, 5-10 minutes, taxiing to the catapult is hindered by massive clouds of steam. That is a bit overdone.

Cees

Looks like there are two emitters in that fx file - have you tried adjusting both of them downwards? The second emitter is on for a very long time Lifetime=25, 30 - time the orignal then try halving that and see what happens!

After re-reading my father's log books it seems that all his flights were water based and occasionally tender supported.
Many of his ops included 24-hour flights from Darwin to the waters off Ind-China, supported in stages by tenders.
I suppose the USN used carrier-based flights, but I can't see the rationale behind launching a large and heavy flying boat from a carrier.
Of course, it might well have been the Admiral's Barge............:unsure:

Back