• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

The landscape is blurred

No clue but what I personally do is: open up DXTBmp, load the file and save it without mipmaps; It always fixes the blur for me, be it liveries or just any texture.

First, I wouldn't take the 'solution' by Kurdt too seriously.
Well meant, but completely absurd.
I have the same problem and have been looking for years for a solution.
There are so many factors that could play a role.
Processor speed and grapics card being the main culprits. (Especially when flying an F-35 low and fast)
Otherwise playing with the fsx terrain settings could bring a slight improvement, but usually involves compromises.
I haven't found any working solution with changes in the main FSX.cfg either, inspite of many suggestions on the internet.
I am now saving for a new PC.

If you are speaking of the resolution of ground textures nearer to the horizon being blurred, that's pretty much how FSX handles textures. Textures become sharper the closer they are to your viewpoint. This reduces the use of your computer's RAM and that is very important as FSX is a 32 bit program, which means it can recognize and utilize no more than 4 GB of RAM. Increasing the LOD (Level Of Detail) setting in the FSX settings menu increases the radius at which higher resolution and scenery objects are used.

First, I wouldn't take the 'solution' by Kurdt too seriously.
Well meant, but completely absurd.
I have the same problem and have been looking for years for a solution.
There are so many factors that could play a role.
Processor speed and grapics card being the main culprits. (Especially when flying an F-35 low and fast)
Otherwise playing with the fsx terrain settings could bring a slight improvement, but usually involves compromises.
I haven't found any working solution with changes in the main FSX.cfg either, inspite of many suggestions on the internet.
I am now saving for a new PC.
GTX4070 is my graphics card

In FSX.CFG, change the value to 4096 in TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD

In the FSX display setting, set everything to 75 percent instead of 100 percent

Just because you have a high end 12 GB GFX card doesn't mean FSX is going to use it! FSX is a CPU biased simulator meaning it will do more of it's work in the CPU rather than the GFX card. As others have said, back off on the scenery sliders to about 75% and on the 'Traffic' tab back those up too if they are full right. Nobody can run FSX with all the sliders on every tab full right!

Here is some reading for you gleaned from years of experience, read, learn and apply!

https://sim-outhouse.org/sohforums/threads/thank-you-jesus-jesus-altuve-that-is-fsx-important.34661/ ***Make sure you read this one!***

If you ever run into the dreaded 'Out Of Memory' (OOM) error read this: https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a108/vas-management-stopping-out-of-memory-oom-errors.aspx

That should keep you busy for an hour or two but remember the golden rule - BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY FILE BACKUP THE ORIGINAL so that you have something to go back to if things get worse instead of better!

Good Luck! :rolleyes:

I guess the first question is
Is this something new? or has your system always looked like that?
Second question - if this is new what has changed?
I played FSX on my old Win7 system
MSFS made me get a new PC with Win10
I have no problems with MSFS
But neither did P3D
I returned to FSX-SE because of Ai and other things

wait if your new pc runs MS2020 without problems as you claim, then your pc should not have any problems with FSX

Just reduce everything to 75 percent and ZERO percent for ships you do not need ships in FSX. Reduce to zero percent for cars and trucks on highways and roads. Who cares about cars and trucks on highways??

Nobody can run FSX with all the sliders on every tab full right!
Weird, i have windows 10 i5 and outdated graphics card around 2017 era and i play texture sliders maxed. But i did turn down scenery autogen and unique autogen. But increasing scenery LOD radius infsx.cfg was too much and reduced framerate. I have flirted with bufferpools, which does smooth some things out framerate wise.

ZERO percent for ships you do not need ships in FSX. Reduce to zero percent for cars and trucks on highways and roads. Who cares about cars and trucks on highways??

Also, disagree, i have them turned down to like 4% fhough. Its like salt and pepper, just takes a pinch

I think OP was suggesting something like this

Which blows me away, because i have no idea how they get it that crystal clear? Obviously the video creator did post editing with sound and camera blur, but woah, especially the sim objects and scenery. Genuinely how?

Is that hardware limited? I.e. stronger PC specs + fsx.cfg modifications?

Last edited:
Hey i just remembered that if you want ai planes to be clear you have to use flyable simcraft, as they have a higher LOD than ai aircraft. That is ai aircraft have a lower LOD.

Scenery LOD_radius looks really good but again radius = 15 started to lose frames but looked great from distance.

I think cranking up textures is limited to the settings menu?

Back