• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

v5 of RFN Gauge

spatialpro

Charter Member
I've been away on work and missed the release of v5 of the RFN Gauge (the second release for 64-bit P3DV4)

I recently did a reinstall of P3D4 and I'm installing v5 of the RFN Gauge into this. Since I wiped the previous installs I have nothing to go by and I'm getting confused about what goes where, despite the instructions. I'm hoping others can help?

The instructions state:

1) Copy the files contained in 1_Gauges in the simulator's gauges folder

But this would have folders RFN_Resources and RFN_Sounds simply nested within P3D's Gauges folder. I believe the contents of RFN_Resources should go into P3D's Gauges folder and the contents of RFN_Sounds should go into P3D's Sounds folder?

Good question! I successfully installed the new version, but wondered this myself. Will do some searching myself. Thanks. NC

"1_Gauges" contains two folders: RFN_Resources and RFN_Sounds.

Copy those two folders to the P3Dv4 \Gauges folder.

Do not empty them into the gauges folder. Keep them intact as folders containing files.
:ernaehrung004:

Sorry for this confusion.
The new text is :

3-2) Setting up folders and files
If a previous version is installed, delete the corresponding files, especially RFN_Carrier.xml, RFN_CarrierGauge.dll, RFN_Parameters.xml from the simulator's gauges folder, and the RFN_Sounds folder from the simulator's Sound folder.

1) Copy the RFN_Resources and RFN_Sounds folders contained in 1_Gauges in the simulator's gauges folder (or the delocalized folder).

2a) For FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3 copy the RFN_CarrierGauge32.dll file contained in 2a_gauges32 in the simulator's gauges folder (or the delocalized file).

2b) For P3Dv4 copy the RFN_CarrierGauge64.dll file contained in 2b_gauges64 in the simulator's gauges folder (or the relocated folder).

3) Copy the files contained in 3_Effects into the simulator's Effects folder (or the relocated folder).

4) Copy the folders contained in 4_SimObjects / Boats in the SimObjects / Boats folder of the simulator (or the relocated folder).

5) The folder "5_For AICarriers" contains the file aicarrier.cfg in which are referenced all the ships of the file RFN_Carriers.xml. Refer to the AICarriers documentation to use it.

6) The "6_Documentation" folder contains information on landing techniques, deck exit speed calculation, aviation route calculation to get the wind in the axis of the oblique runway.

Note: the dll file (2a ou 2b) must be in the same folder as the RFN_Resources and RFN_Sounds folders.

RFN Carriers Latest V5 gauge set

Is the RFN site moved? I have searched all morning to get the latest version for P3d but the links I find are dead

Thanks for any help

Back