• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Working on my Willys CJ3B jeep....

Navy Chief

I bought a 1954 Willys CJ3B jeep this past August. It is in fair shape, not restored exactly. But definitely runs great. I have had fun, steadily working on various things like rust removal, cleaning the engine, replacing fuel lines, etc.... I've ordered/received rebuild kits for the steering Bellcrank, brake & clutch pivot shaft linkage. Also bought a steering stabilizer (the old jeeps are prone to what is known as a "death wobble" in the front end).

This makes the fourth jeep I've owned. Previously I had a 1974 CJ (with a V8... it was bad a..s!), then a 1952 M38, and the last one prior to this one was a 1945 MB, restored, with a M100 trailer.

This jeep is not nearly in the condition my previous ones were. But I can't afford to restore it.

I am just having fun working on it. My most recent "achievement" was removing the alternator, ordering the correct brackets for it (plus getting a new, smaller pulley put on the alternator), reinstalling everything, and actually starting it again. A most wonderful sound! This may not mean much to some, but I am NOT very knowledgable about working on vehicles! Which is one of the reasons my previous jeeps didn't require much to maintain! NC

Took these pictures today.....

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
  • jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1
Back