• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

1/14th scale truck,RC

Daveroo

Members +
this is a 1/14th scale Tamiya Cascadia evo tractor.i have a tamiya flatbed trailer for it to pull,with more coming,im using the stock plastic wheels,but ill be adding aftermarket tires.i havent yet gotten the radio,will get it later today,spectrum 5ch radio.it will have sound,engine sounds,horn,turn signal annoying tick tick tick..full lighting on both the tractor and the trailer,it will have automatically raising and lowering support legs,ok just a few pics of it still in boxes.

100_2151_zpsda441863.jpg

100_2152_zps16900866.jpg

100_2154_zps530358b6.jpg

ltamc6340_zps9d159208.jpg

Holy schnikes! 1/14 scale, which is huge, radio controlled, lights, sounds, operating support legs? And I thought I was something back in 1980 when I put operating headlights in an AMT 1/25 scale Kenworth W-925. The batteries were housed inside the sleeper and I had a tiny, slide switch sticking through the sleeper floor.

thats cool...i always wanted to build and old 50s era police car and light it up..but when i was trying this..i just didnt know who to do..and radio shack was not my friend..lol...i did build a race car..just a basic nascar style late model..and i lit up the dash ..looked cool anyway.

I just built the 1/14th scale tamiya king hauler and flat bed trailer they are awsome want to buy another but the wife wont let me.

I just built the 1/14th scale tamiya king hauler and flat bed trailer they are awsome want to buy another but the wife wont let me.

fantastic,i have the flatbed too,am going to get the semi trailer in a few months..then comes the scratch built project.im going to buy a king hauler cab and parts for it from amazon or ebay..can get it for 40 bucks..and ill buy after market frame rails that are identical to the tamiya ones,only not pre-drilled,then ill add all the after market parts too..like aluminum cross members,front axle,rear end ,ill prolly use the tamiya mercedes rearend set up for single axle..it will be a day cab.then im going to use brass and copper to build a set of double bottom dumps,i will use a set of the trailer support legs ..the parts therein.to animate the bottom clam shell doors.a small motor and servo to each,using the inner support leg gear..the long on..like a rack and pinion deal..

have you gone here:
http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/

great bunch of people..and you need to get your wife into it...she will want one of her own!!

some minor updates

Ive begun construction on the truck,and on day one,i ran into a problem,i have to start by "binding" the reciever to the radio,and then setting up the multi-function control unit (MFC)to test it,and to set the position of the servo arms,,one for steering ,one ofr shifting the transmission (3 speeds/gear ratio's) and a third for uncoupling the fifth wheel.and ive got a mess laid out.

100_2174_zps011becd6.jpg

100_2152_zps2c4a3cd1.jpg

100_2175_zps97a5fa85.jpg

100_2178_zpsf768ca3e.jpg

and yet more progress..im really getin excited now,the wheels are not done yet..need to bolt them together and then do some detailing.

100_2195_zpsbf490501.jpg

100_2194_zpsc7da6b23.jpg

100_2193_zps8d28dd12.jpg

100_2191_zpsbdcfcd47.jpg

this is a 1/14th scale Tamiya Cascadia evo tractor.

I retired two years ago, that's the last truck I drove in real life! It didn't have the big sleeper your model has, I was a regional driver when I retired, a couple of overnighters a week.
I can't wait to see yours when it's done. :)

Picking up a load of BC apples....

last_truck1024_zps35647da7.jpg

thank you so much for your photo!! ive never seen one in RL,this one photo will help me alot..i honestly thought tamiya made this truck up as well.

just had a look at the manual for this truck kit, and I would love to build something like that myself!

thank you so much for your photo!! ive never seen one in RL,this one photo will help me alot..i honestly thought tamiya made this truck up as well.

Yours is radio control... mine was manual LOL. If you need any tips on backing in to a virtual loading dock.... :)

Yours is radio control... mine was manual LOL. If you need any tips on backing in to a virtual loading dock.... :)

lol..i might just take you up on this,,i got pretty good at it backing race car trailers and fire engines.

i had a wee accident,broke a piece of plastic which is too hole the front end on,cant find a replacement.the cat had knocked the rolling chassis off the desk in the middle of the night,i cant blame her though,cant tell a cat not to play.

That's gonna be a cool truck when it's finished!! I'm so badly wanting to own an R/C version of the old "BJ & The Bear" Kenworth K100E and have wanted to do so for a LONG time - a full kit (including the reefer trailer) popped up on Ebay a couple of days ago - but I didn't have the $265.00 that the seller wanted for it.

A friend of mine took a Revell Kenworth K100 (with opening doors!) and built a kit out of it:

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
thats pretty cool...are you a model builder?......if you go to this page http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0297p?C=CD and look down to about the 4th truck,,the globe liner,that could be a start for the conversion,there are plenty of websites out there with guys willing to help and encourage,just google RC trucks.and notice the 3 payment thing,they dont charge interest or anything,its how i got my stuff.

Back