• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

203 Angwin Parrett Field Freeware Install

MZee1960

SOH-CM-2023
Hello,

Has anyone tried installing this freeware from Turbulent Design alongside Orbx scenery ?

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/product/angwin-parrett/

I downloaded the scenery, extracted the install application, ran the installer (as Administrator), and 'nothing happened'.

No trace of scenery ...... nothing...... :confusion:

I have a lot of Orbx scenery (all installed via FTX Central) including Northern California full fat region, and this Field would fit in very well with that area. I would prefer to somehow do a manual install, if possible.

I placed the installer on the desktop, made a folder with the Airport name. Then ran the installer once pointing it to that folder (it looks like it's installing but it's just verifying and unpacking). After that it asks you several questions and then states it will install. The second time around it automatically selected the same folder. If you already have SODE installed it will get to the end of the install and tell you that the installation ended prematurely. . .that's only because the SODE installation wasn't needed.

I then moved the two folders (scenery and Library) to a folder I have on the C Drive that houses every scenery I have. Added those two to the scenery library and loaded the Sim. I did fail to add the elevation bgl to the main FSX scenery/world/scenery folder but it doesn't seem to have caused much of a problem.

I had no installation problems when I installed that scenery a few months ago. It is very well done and definitely the best looking airport I have. I wish it had a bit of AI traffic. By the way, there is another airport in the download that is a little farm dirt strip in the valley around 203.

Another winner is Twentynine Palms KTMP, which has dust storms, soaring eagles, realistic vehicle traffic and excellent AI traffic. It is very affordable and very immersive.

I installed back when it was payware. No issues.

Just flew into it. If you can get it sorted its worth the time. Nice smallish GA airport.
:ernaehrung004:

I had no installation problems when I installed that scenery a few months ago. It is very well done and definitely the best looking airport I have. I wish it had a bit of AI traffic. By the way, there is another airport in the download that is a little farm dirt strip in the valley around 203.

Ditto here. Think it was a strange install but it looks just like Ed's screenie. Fun to fly to the farm dirt strip. Will add some AI to give it some life. Great freeware scenery.

Thank-you, Ed, and everyone for the prompt replies.

Perhaps I wasn't patient enough after hitting the 'run as admin' key on the installer, and aborted things prematurely, lol !
I like to install manually to a temp folder, then place myself into FSX, as that way I know what is where.
I will give it another try in a few days when I find more time to play with this.

Sure is a beautiful little airstrip. :encouragement:

This is what I see (although this is the original payware version). Felt I had to check as Ed's screenshot seemed a little...barren.

attachment.php

-A.

Attachments

• 203 Angwin MINE.jpg
    203 Angwin MINE.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 624
This is what I see (although this is the original payware version). Felt I had to check as Ed's screenshot seemed a little...barren.

attachment.php

-A.
I agree. . .mine is barren where the autogen vegetation is concerned. The scenery folder contains a large number of "agn" files, however considering the massive amount of buildings placed all over the local airport area and the valley as well I assumed those agn files were for those buildings, but if they were placed in some other way then I'm not sure why the autogen vegetation isn't being displayed. Thanks for posting your pic.

If it's any help Ed, as a point of reference my texture folder contains 168 .agn files.

Gary.
Just checked, same here. I'm going to see if I can load the Ground textures into the Annotator and see if the agn shows there.

Additional info: I loaded the Field Image into the Annotator and while I do have trees placed outside the field (those that show in my screenshot) there are none placed within the airport perimeter. Not certain why that is unless it has something to do with the freeware version. Good thing is I can check to see what vegetation they used and place my own to fill in the areas inside the airport.

Not sure if this is a clue but the scenery listing at the publisher's site states: "All vegetation within Angwin’s boundary use our new Real Flora technology". Does that need to be installed separately? It is a payware add-on.

Not sure if this is a clue but the scenery listing at the publisher's site states: "All vegetation within Angwin’s boundary use our new Real Flora technology". Does that need to be installed separately? It is a payware add-on.

Possibly, no problem though, I'll just use the Annotator to fill in where needed.

It seems 'Turbulent Terminal' needs to be installed first, in order to point the installers to where you want the scenery files placed.

"When installing the new Turbulent Terminal, make sure to install it to the same directory you wish to keep your sceneries. Once the Turbulent Terminal is installed, scenery and airport installers will automatically detect where you have installed the Turbulent Terminal and install to the same location."

More info here : https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/updated-p3d-v4-installers-2o3-l35-kmbs-turbulent-terminal/

Tried several times to re-download from TD site, keep getting 'invalid key code' message from installer, so giving up on this one.

203 Angwin Parrett Field

I am a little late to the show here but just discovered this now freeware scenery and cannot download it from the site. I keep getting a secure connection failed.

Would like to see if it works in P3D. Any one out there have a better link to this scenery?

Thanks

I have the payware version of 203 Anguin airport, and I don't show the enhanced version with all of the tall tress around the airport. I had the freeware version also and it came without the trees too. Is it possible the the trees are an Orbx artifact? Also Turbulent Design, I believe, has left the flight sim software business and sold most of its sim assets to Orbx, so Orbx may be the place to inquire.

Last edited:
Back