• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

AFX 1.06 (important update)

Out of curiosity, what are the benefits of using AFX over ADE which is free and also has basic scenery design capabilities?

Installed the upgrade and now all I get are error messages that things can't be found. . .grrrrr.

And to answer your question Michael, I bypassed ADE at a time when it was cumbersome and difficult to use and not at all user friendly and went with AFX because it resembles the original Lee Swordy utility AFCAD which I was familiar with and so the learning curve was almost nil. Also, AFX works across platforms so I can work within both sims seamlessly.

ADE may be a very good program and the price is certainly right. . .it was just a case of bad first impressions and I decided on a different direction.

This is great, not only can I not access the program after the update, but if I tell it to ignore the error messages it get's almost to the opening of the program and then tells me the license is no longer valid. geeeeze.

Hi Ed,
you have to install the update over the existing AFX installation or you have to re-download/install the Flight1 installer.
Re-download: http://flight1.100megabyte.com/afx_1.06.exe

@Michael
The preview mode with which you can see everything directly in FSX and the airport search function which makes it easy to find double airport files are good reasons for me to use AFX... and like Ed, i bought it before ADE was as good as it is today :d

Problem Solved. This is the danger of multiple HD's and moving, uninstalling programs. . .I had AFX on two different drives and the updater was finding the odd one and not the one that's fully functional. Once I directed it to the correct drive everything loaded correctly.

That "odd" program is now gone. . . .>>>>>:isadizzy:

Thanks for the info guys, might have to check it out now since afcad type files are not my strong suite.

Back