• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Barnstable Airport

falcon409

SOH-CM-2022
A nice rendition of Barnstable Airport on Cape Cod. Done by John Loney and available on flightsim.com.

Barnstable-2017-mar-23-001.jpg

Some sad news to go along with this superb scenery. . .I had sent John an e-mail to congratulate him on the scenery work and I got one back just awhile ago. This will be his last scenery. He has decided to retire from scenery design and "take of into the sunset" in his words. That's a shame because John has done an amazing amount of scenery for FS9 and FSX and has put a lot of life into those "ho-hum" default airports. I believe he was even interviewed for a piece in flightsim.com. The scenery was compiled for FS9 and so will also work in FSX. Thanks for all your dedication and the fine work you've allowed us to enjoy!

I understand the decision, I quit building computers because I had just had enough of it. New hobby new day. John's craft will be missed! I am so grateful for the many things he has done for flight simulation.
Ted

John actually mentioned in the readme file that this is his last scenery.

Having said that I have a small problem. I have installed the airport but for some strange reason I have no terminals or other buildings. I have my settings at Very Dense. I have tried different settings but nothing seems to work and I am wondering if I am missing a set of library files.

John actually mentioned in the readme file that this is his last scenery.

Having said that I have a small problem. I have installed the airport but for some strange reason I have no terminals or other buildings. I have my settings at Very Dense. I have tried different settings but nothing seems to work and I am wondering if I am missing a set of library files.
Pat, if you are using it in P3D (my shot is from P3D V3.4), you must load the Barnstable Scenery Library into MCX and compile it for FSX. John compiled everything using the FS9 SDK, that's why it doesn't show in P3D.

LOL! Is it just me, or did anyone else reading the title of this thread think that RMB Chivenor was about to become a new regional airport?! ;) Perhaps the Barnstable in the US could be known as New Barnstable?! ;)

Barnstable Airport??!! ;) Anyone familiar with the West Country will get the joke! ;)

chivenor.jpg

I once stood on the middle of the main runway in Chivenor next to a huge yellow SAR Sea King to do a photoshoot for the local newspaper... although RAF Chivenor is next to Barnstaple and not Barnstable... OK, I suppose a p is only a mirrored b in the horizontal axis... :)

A

Yup.. when I saw the title, I thought Barnstaple too. The screenshot made it obvious but I gave myself a 'D'oh!':biggrin-new:

ATB
DaveB:)

I'm running this in P3D with Falcon409's mod, but some of the static a/c appear only as black shapes. Might this be because I haven't downloaded the AI package mentioned in the original readme?

I'm running this in P3D with Falcon409's mod, but some of the static a/c appear only as black shapes. Might this be because I haven't downloaded the AI package mentioned in the original readme?
Most likely that's the case. I am rarely concerned with AI traffic and so I also failed to download the extra package. I noticed those aircraft that remained black while in MCX and it was because MCX was not able to locate a texture file which it should have had there been one in the texture folder. I removed those objects along with a few others I didn't want to have showing while doing a recompile separate from the one I uploaded.

I'm glad it's not just me. Can I remove them from the airport scenery? I've tried deleting the traffic.bgl but that didn't help.

Attachments

• textures.jpg
    textures.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 86
Perhaps you need to remove every bgl with aircraft name from scenery folder. I think that will do the trick.

I'm glad it's not just me. Can I remove them from the airport scenery? I've tried deleting the traffic.bgl but that didn't help.
What I can do is amend the object library once again to remove all static aircraft. The individual aircraft bgls are position bgls and don't contain any actual objects.

Toni is correct and I should have realized that when I said those bgl's were only "position" bgl's in other words they contain the information on the position of each aircraft on the airport. Naturally if you removed them. . . .you remove the aircraft. . .Doh! I did also remove those static aircraft from the scenery library bgl which reduces the size of the bgl somewhat also. Remember that along with the airplane models you also have the textures that go with them so those can also be deleted. That part is easy since the aircraft textures are dds textures and happen to be the only dds textures in the texture folder.

Thank you Toni and Ed. I realised that it couldn't be the AI file as missing AI aircraft don't cause problems. Trial and error deleting and reinstalling scenery bgl files took a little while, but I think I've narrowed it down to khya_cape air cargo aircraft.bgl and khya_cape air nantucket airlines aircraft.bgl. Without those two there are no black silhouettes.

David

Back