• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Barnstable Airport

An Update

I just read John's README and was very disappointed as you are all that he is "riding off into the sunset" as far as flightsim. I just finished flying into his KHYA airport yesterday afternoon from my ORBX Nantucket because both towers were online on VATSIM. Beautiful flight, nice ATC controllers and a smooth landing. I downloaded the Jeppsen airport chart and noticed that they have added LAHSO on both runways and want to update them from Google earth with the markings. I was hoping that John's email still worked but he probably doesn't want any flightsim emails so it has been de-activated and my email came back undeliverable. MY version of his KHYA is FSX native so it worked perfectly in P3D V4.5 with all the buildings and NO black aircraft. The airport chart layout is up to date except for the LAHSO and EMAS which I am going to add.

I am following John's README and will share the AFCAD compiled bgl. Here is the link at AVSIM for his updated FSX native version. Interestingly, FLIGHTSIM does NOT have this version only the FS2004 version that Ed writes about here. And this WAS his last airport for flightsim.

The excerpt from the README: Only this scenery can be bundled with any modification to the scenery as long as the proper credit is given to the author of the scenery and the original readme file is included. The libraries that were included with this scenery package may not be bundled with or modified with any other scenery without the permission of the authors.

Therefore here is the link to AVSIM FSX: https://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=199113 for you to download and when I finish updating the airport layout, I will give a download and you can replace just that.

BTW, when I was searching at Flightsim.com I found that someone has done a payware version which is FSX and P3D according to the author with photoreal airport background. It looks very nice but since this is so well done, I'm going to fly this version.

I just read John's README and was very disappointed as you are all that he is "riding off into the sunset" as far as flightsim. I just finished flying into his KHYA airport yesterday afternoon from my ORBX Nantucket because both towers were online on VATSIM. Beautiful flight, nice ATC controllers and a smooth landing. I downloaded the Jeppsen airport chart and noticed that they have added LAHSO on both runways and want to update them from Google earth with the markings. I was hoping that John's email still worked but he probably doesn't want any flightsim emails so it has been de-activated and my email came back undeliverable. MY version of his KHYA is FSX native so it worked perfectly in P3D V4.5 with all the buildings and NO black aircraft. The airport chart layout is up to date except for the LAHSO and EMAS which I am going to add.

I am following John's README and will share the AFCAD compiled bgl. Here is the link at AVSIM for his updated FSX native version. Interestingly, FLIGHTSIM does NOT have this version only the FS2004 version that Ed writes about here. And this WAS his last airport for flightsim.

The excerpt from the README: Only this scenery can be bundled with any modification to the scenery as long as the proper credit is given to the author of the scenery and the original readme file is included. The libraries that were included with this scenery package may not be bundled with or modified with any other scenery without the permission of the authors.

Therefore here is the link to AVSIM FSX: https://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=ftp&DLID=199113 for you to download and when I finish updating the airport layout, I will give a download and you can replace just that.

BTW, when I was searching at Flightsim.com I found that someone has done a payware version which is FSX and P3D according to the author with photoreal airport background. It looks very nice but since this is so well done, I'm going to fly this version.

Bud, I believe you missed the memo, here: John B. Loney, Jr. passed away in 2019 (https://www.flightsim.com/forums/topic/32240-john-loney-jr-passed-away/)...

Cheers!

Works Great In FSX

In FSX you can just download and install and use it. I want to use it myself in Prepar3D V4.5 so I converted the library bgl to native P3D and compiled the AFCAD as a P3DV4.4 so I can use it. I had the same problem as others with black aircraft so I removed all the aircraft positon bgls. I don't want static aircraft anyway they just use up memory. Next time that HYA and ACK atc are on line on VATSIM I'll fly again this time to or from the upgraded airport for KHYA. With the permissible sharing in the README, if anyone wants the airport bgl and the library bgl PM me and I will send it to you. You will need to download the Barnstable from AVSIM yourself and then substitute the P3D files. It works great for me.

How different are FSX vs P3Dv4.5 bgl's?
I know that there are differences with models in FSX & P3D, and often that;s a hit & miss, when some FSX planes work in P3D, but whose images are not displayed in P3D's library.

I had not realized that there could be scenery issues, as the FSX sceneries have worked in P3D, such as RTMM, Tongass & others.

I had not realized that there could be scenery issues, as the FSX sceneries have worked in P3D, such as RTMM, Tongass & others.
Personally I have not found any problems with my sceneries in P3D_V4.5. I have also converted objects from FS9 scenery to FSX and used those in P3D with no obvious problems. For me it was a case of "Why do two versions of a scenery project if one version works in both Sims?"

Professional Scenery Developers could probably list a lot of reasons why there should be two separate versions, but for me, a full FSX version has worked fine for either one.

Purely Hit And Miss

I know that there are differences with models in FSX & P3D, and often that;s a hit & miss, when some FSX planes work in P3D, but whose images are not displayed in P3D's library.

You are correct and it's just hit and miss. I had to convert the library bgl to native P3D V4.5 because NONE of the buildings or objects were visible just the photoreal background in P3D. After converting it I had all the buildings but also the "black" aircrafts so as Ed suggested above, I deleted anything that said "aircraft" in the scenery folder and they were all gone to my great satisfaction. I have been spending all morning on the Capeair Flightplan bgl. I can share the bgl, but none of the aircraft I am downloading and fixing. There's always something. The airport is perfectly usable without the ai which takeup framerates if you don't have the guts on your computer to run them. I don't have an expensive video card but upgraded my Dell to 16GB RAM and have no stuttering or ooms at all in P3D.

Back