• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Best native-FSX helicopter model?

dswo

Charter Member 2011
Some people are going to hate this question from the get-go, and say it's impossible to answer. Ok, so don't.

The rest, who have an opinion, don't hold back. I'm looking for a balance of framerates and...everything else. The two helicopters that I fly almost exclusively are the Acceleration EH101 and the Aerosoft Seahawk. I like the Seahawk's built-in autopilot and autohover, but it's hard on framerates. The EH101 looks great and gets good framerates, but the VC instruments are a little too small for comfortable reading; and it doesn't implement autopilot or autohover (though you can get both of these functions with freeware gauges). I also have the original Alphasim Apache, which I like and which gets good framerates; but the graphics resolution of the VC gauges is low. I've looked at Alphasim's Longbow version, but it seems to be lacking some basic gauges (e.g., radar altimeter).

So, what's great?

Tough one. hard for me to answer since I just went from a mid level rig to a new high end machine. On my old rig, the default EH101 was to hard on resources and I hated the flight model, too twitchy.

The flight model on the Aerosoft birds are unrealistic and geared for their specific models and gamers.The reason it's hard on frames is because Aerosoft boast about detail and don't seem to really care about those with lower end machines.

I had bad performance with most of the Alphasim helis, usually due to too many textures and the high resolution. No issues now on the new rig though.

All the nemeth birds give good performance on my old rig and the VCs looked great, but since I am not an instrument flyer, can't really comment to much on that. The upcoming Nemeth Super Puma is outstanding so far and I don't like big helis.

If you are into instruments, the DoDo bell 206 might be for you and I hear it's easy on the frames.

Probably the best bet between systems, detail and framerates is the CERA 412 IMO

20397_285.jpg

I would also say the Dodo & Cera 412 & add one more. The Just Flight R44. I tend to fly it allot & it is a genuinely enjoyable helicopter.
I have heard some say it is a little hard on frames but it flies great on my rig :kilroy:

The Cera for procedures and paints perhaps - despite a few bugs.

Anything Nemeth and single engined

Cyril Pioffet's Gazelle - when he finally gets it finished...

But for overall FPS, accuaracy and feel I'd go for the Lama and Alouette from Peter Salzgeber. And yet all of them have their downsides too.

At the moment the Cera 412 is getting a lot of air time. Tomorrow?

I have absolutely enjoyed my purchase of the Alphasim Kamov Ka-27/32 package. Some might well say it is dated, but it remains one of the most-flown aircraft I own.

Nemeth's EC135 has stood similar tests of time and attention span.

More recently, the Alphasim AS365N package has been getting quite a bit of time on my screen.

Finally, and some may laugh aloud at this one, but I dearly love the FSHeli Alouette II.

Happy Flying,
MT

Piglets LOACH. maneoverable, great VC, easy on frames,a riot for flying NOE, and free. one of the few helio's that you can pull off the pad backing up, kick the pedal hard into a turn while rolling her on to heading with the cyclic, transition and accelerate off at low level.You know, like the departure T.C. is so fond of in Magnum,P.I. Alpha Ka-27, both the Alpha stallions, and the G-MAX Acadamy Frelon.

The Dodo 206 is the nearest anyone has got to providing a realistic helo within MSFS, I am waiting for their Huey.

I shall not bother to buy this new 'hybrid' Huey creation on the other thread.

Former Nemeth Designs payware product which was released as freeware, now converted into P3DV4 format, minus PBR materials. An FSX native version is planned as soon as I can figure out why Model Convertor X is not compiling the models properly...

I've ingested this Nemeth Designs Kamov 26 for P3D into the latest version of McX and the resulting FSX native version is working just fine, no tricks or tweaking necessary at all!

I hope George will read this, try it again, and upload it somewhere, cause this little helo is quite fun!

And this Interflug repaint by Mako8841 does improve greatly the VC textures... Thanks.

osZvhex.jpg

Big barn doors:

OVvEjZ5.jpg

It's quite cosy inside:

wj9TboJ.jpg

Agricultural sprayer version available...

maBDr25.jpg

Last edited:
Back