• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Boeing Clipper Update

Javis

SOH Staff
Staff member
Ahoy there !

Despite its release debacle it is still good to see Pilot's keeps on working on their Boeing B-314 Clipper. Nice listing of their latest upgrade operations. Alas that dirty dark green upholstery is still there. One of our repaint virtuosos with an interest in the Boeing Clipper could give this venerable sea nymph the interior upgrade she deffinately deserves. I'd say in any case this would be something she'd be entirely happy with :

12572810.jpg

boeing13.jpg

boeing12.jpg

Wouldn't it be nice and interesting to work on an interior for a change, gentlemen ? ( a special VIP Lounce will be prepared for you, Sir ! )

Interested Clipper aficionados can download the latest update (Beta 3....) by logging into their Pilot's account here: <https://t1p.de/q9byl>

As getting at the actual download place is a bit cumbersome here's the manual :sneaky: :

Click MY DOWNLOADS.
Select "Boeing B-314 - The Clipper MSFS" in the "Select Download Folder"
der drop down menu.
Click SHOW DOWNLOADS.
Download the BETA version.

I have got the update alright but not installed yet. Actually looking forward to meet this old Lady again.

Bon voyage !

2013-c10.jpg

Last edited:
Slowest dowload in the solar system. Someone posted some interior mods on FS.to last year. Brightened the interior, etc. Prop discs still need some work and something has changed with the way it sits in the MS water. It tends to vibrate a bit. I do continue to fly it on occasion. Every leap year or so.

Slowest dowload in the solar system. Someone posted some interior mods on FS.to last year. Brightened the interior, etc.
Aha! Wow! That doesn't look half bad indeed ! Thanks Dvj ! :encouragement:

As for the sit in the water, i have not seen the update yet. You *did* install the earlier update ? I thought that was quite another experience now with the proper sit in the water and the new wake and bow wave effects. No vibrations anymore neither as far as i remember, neither good nor bad. ;-)

I'll install the update now and see what the refurbished interior looks like now. I'll report back. Thanks again, dvj !

Last edited:
What new wake and bow wave effects? This vibration issue is also seen in other watercraft with a few exceptions. MS must have changed something.

9MHC5O5.jpeg

What new wake and bow wave effects? This vibration issue is also seen in other watercraft with a few exceptions. MS must have changed something.

Well, i wouldn't say 'new' that much, i believe it was with the MSFS Beaver 40th Anniversary update (about a year ago ?....) that finally, not to say about time too, we could enjoy watching a float plane take-off with quite nice believable water wave, spray and wake effects :

newspray1.jpg

spruce-3.jpg

As for the B-314 it used to look like this (couldn't find something more detailed on short notice) :

Not fantastic as such but certainly not bad either.

But that was then. Now (after installing the update that makes me want to forget about this Pilot's B-314 all together... :stupid:) we're back to square one again..... back to just the cheesy 'wake' effect again.... sigh.... The shaking about i can only see with the B-314 indeed and the Grumman Goose. Non of the other floatplanes i tried show this totally off-putting behaviour.

Because of the update i can't get the reworked internal textures to show up just like that. Maybe i'll replace the necessary textures manually but because of the vibration i might fuhgeddaboudit.

Looks like my bon voyage got cancelled due to bad weather.. :teapot:

Last edited:
Back