• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Cessna Citation X

tgycgijoes

Members +
Last night I decided that I wanted to be able to fly fast and for long distances but didn't want to fly a Boeing or an Airbus so I went searching for a nice freeware business jet and discovered an "Ultra" package of the FSND Cessna Citation by Alejandro Rojas Lucena and downloaded it. It is designed for FSX SP2 but I have had so much luck with almost all of my downloads in Prepar3D V4.5 I decided to give it a shot and it works. OK, never satisfied with textures that come with downloads (well almost never satisfied) I went hunting for the paintkit because this download did not contain one or a blank white texture as some developers do for that. I found another download called the "Sweeded FSND FSX Citation X 750 Here is their note about it:
Many people had a hand in its development. The model, texturing, and accurate virtual-cockpit are courtesy of, Alejandro Rojas Lucena. Another in a long line of his masterpieces. This is a very unique aircraft, with a flight-dynamic envelope nearly impossible to model within the FSX limitations. Brett Henderson found a suitable compromise. Special thanks to Bill Leaming, for his priceless help in gauge design and general advises of this wonderful aircraft. This came from Simviation. I gotta stop right now got a doctor's appointment in a half hour but I will continue it when I get home. It's worth waiting for.

Isn't that a nice a/c for free? Here is mine and I have another nugget to share. I will be very interested for you to test it out in V5.4. First MY Citation for XOJETS. The registration is real as is the 2024 repaint texture:

zraAmh1.jpeg

Now the airport is MYEF which is it's latest real destination in the Bahama Islands that I found on Flightaware this morning. The airport is part of a package called: "Bahamas Airfield Package" available at a number of download sites for free. It is all 64 airports of the Bahamas with lots of cool addons as you can see. Some of these people are even animated. It WAS designed for FSX but sure works great for me. Here is the link to it at flightsim.com:

https://www.flightsim.com/files/file/170187-fsx-scenery-bahamas-airfield-package/?do=download

Last edited:
MYAK not so good in 5.4, needs a LOT of work. Was advertised to work with older sims back in 2013. Other airport MYAB my cessna was 75% buried in ground.

Attachments

• Myak.JPG
    Myak.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Changed the altitude in MYAB so that the cessna is not half way buried in ground.

MYAB.JPG
Overhead at ANDROS Is, Missing asphalt
Myan1.JPG

Last edited:
I am sure that the problems are 5.4 as you probably agree. Oh well, get what you can to work without a problem.

Nice freeware biz jet model. I am a bit of a business jet hound. Have a few Carenado lighter, shorter range aircraft but prefer one that can fly coast to coast or transatlantic, my current favourite being the Carenado Falcon F50EX. But for an ultra long ranger you might als try the G650 lash up I posted here a while ago.

Since I like this so much already, perhaps in the future I will get Carenado's Citation since I too have a lot of Carenado aircraft and haven't found one yet I didn't like. My only problem back in FSX was frame rates at payware airports, a nature of FSX not Carenado's fault as I very well know from when I created NAS Alameda and killed the FSX on slower computers. Now on P3D, Alameda is fantastic! (Another thread a month ago) with gray eagles help testing it, it's been updated to work on P3D very well with NO fps problems. This jet and the Bahamas Airport Package work super in P3D V4.5.

I also have and rate highly the Bahamas airport package. Good to alert SOH members about it.

I am going to check this out against the FSX one that I have in my sim. I KNOW that is more up to date from the readme and will probably substitute it before I make any flights in the Citation or the Challenger with "passengers".

I am going to check this out against the FSX one that I have in my sim. I KNOW that is more up to date from the readme and will probably substitute it before I make any flights in the Citation or the Challenger with "passengers".
The revised version had a few altitude corrections that will fix the altitude of MYAP and MYCI airports Any aircraft starting from there was halfway underground. Also, Improved coastlines around Grand Bahama and Bimini island. Basically, what I did was keep your version and swapped out the bgls for MYAP and MUCI. I think your version had A LOT more airports then this 3-2 pack has. There were one taxiway on one of your airports (forget which one) but the taxiway was incomplete, i.e yellow taxi lines on green grass and the 3-2 fixed that and filled it in with paved asphalt.
Your airport was more comprehensive in coverage then 3-2 and I think that was a WIP with the author.

I am going to piggyback onto this thread because I found out that XOJETS flies tons of business jets both Citation and this new one that I also found free online I will post the link at the end of this. It is the Bombardier BD-100 Challenger 300 and here are a couple of shots of the repaint I did
jXy7YQB.jpeg

YyyBLaw.jpeg

Here is the download link:

You can find a paintkit for it also online in psd with layers which I used to create this repaint. It does not have alpha channels in the paintkit or in the textures so I created them for it because in the video I saw how shiny the real one was.

I am sure that the problems are 5.4 as you probably agree. Oh well, get what you can to work without a problem.
Did you get that taxiway texture fixed? You can fix this issue if you have ADE and open airport afcad file then open "Lists" tab and there "Taxi links" then "Reset all draw flags", then compile afcad file and it should now show the taxiway texture.

Brian Gladden sent me a link to a fixer program that updates FSX AFCADs to Prepar3D V4 AFCADS and also fixes all those HOLD SHORT offenders so that all the taxiways are again in place and visible. Thank you for your suggestion.

Back