• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Commander 685 Native P3D conversion

rotorhub

Charter Member
Native Prepar3d V3 MDL upgrade for the Commander 685 FSX Portover in the works. It should work in FSX SP2/Acc also. Milton will test it in FSX:applause:.

Also a big "thanks" to arno, lazarus and hschuit, that made this possible in ModelconverterX.

Rotorhub
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Commander685_P3D_3.jpg
    Commander685_P3D_3.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 94
  • Commander685_P3D_4.jpg
    Commander685_P3D_4.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 91
  • ac685_P3D_8.jpg
    ac685_P3D_8.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 87
Looks good, but if it is P3d native (compiled with the p3d v2 or later SDK) then it won't work in FSX. Model compiled with the v1.4 SDK will work though.

Looks good, but if it is P3d native (compiled with the p3d v2 or later SDK) then it won't work in FSX. Model compiled with the v1.4 SDK will work though.

I don't use FSX so I have not tested it myself. The model does not use any P3D V3 specific features. The materials, effects, mouse rect assignments and animation tags is the same as FSX (Ref FSX Acc SDK). If Milton reports that it does not work, then it does not work.

Rotorhub

It's not additional features that's the problem, the P3d mdl format is different so fsx won't be able to read it at all.

Yes. I am working on it, but it is P3D only. A few new modern paints and a vc upgrade is in the works. I redid the conversion process in MCX, since Gmax will not work properly in my win 10 computer. Gear animation in vc now works after some DirectX editing. The panel will be modernized a bit.
Rotorhub

If you use MCX you can export via the FSX exporter and it should still work in P3D? No?
Yes and no. I did not use the fsx SDK for the conversion. I tried it later on the P3D model, with no luck. We had some material problems in FSX.

Since I don't use FSX and the published portover works well I did not prioritize this. Not so much interest in this bird, and Carenado has made a good looking sibling, But if anyone would like to do it native for FSX, it is ok by me. Milton and Co must approve as well. The process is well documented, but it takes some time.

Yes and no. I did not use the fsx SDK for the conversion. I tried it later on the P3D model, with no luck. We had some material problems in FSX.

Since I don't use FSX and the published portover works well I did not prioritize this. Not so much interest in this bird, and Carenado has made a good looking sibling, But if anyone would like to do it native for FSX, it is ok by me. Milton and Co must approve as well. The process is well documented, but it takes some time.

Rotohub, it's your excellently modeled bird and I have no qualms with it being converted to native FSX or P3D.

Back