• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim

I got this the other day and been a fan of the Vampire I have found it great as you stated it is a bit pricey but if you like the Vampire go for it
did a paint job on it yesterday the first Vampire built in Australia

bSJ4ahC.jpg

LsXpb61.jpg

Ooohhh... nice pics. :encouragement:

Yes, I'm a fan of the Vampire as well. Any issues encountered with the product or install?

It has great flying characteristics things get a bit dicey when you load bombs or wing tanks increasing the weight

you have to fly at the right power settings other wise you will blow the motor very realistic

a very nice cockpit all gauges are in Swiss but I believe they are going to bring out a international model which will be great

A great machine

It comes made for FSX FSX-Steam and p3DV4.5

Hello,

The idea of this development was to reproduce as accurately as possible the aircraft, its flight and mission behaviour and the way it was flown. To do this, we have added not only TacPack support, but also missions (scenarios) that allow you to better discover your environment at the time.

Two former pilots of this real aircraft participated in the design and conducted multiple tests. In addition, most of the systems have been modeled and are functional, such as the NAFU and GCA navigation system, which makes it a unique extension to my knowledge.

Another unique feature: the extension is available in 3 languages: French, German and English, for missions, checklists, but also for the manual which is over 100 pages long (downloadable from our website)!

All this is the result of more than 2 years of work and I would like to thank in advance those who will support us by purchasing this extension.

Now, I understand that this price can discourage some of them, it's not an extension that you buy on a whim, but rather after reflection.

We are a small team of 4 people who do this as amateurs and who have spent thousands of cumulative hours on the project. The income is therefore only a meagre compensation.

In addition, we believe that the quality of our extension is similar to an A2A extension, for example in terms of realism, and therefore the price is also similar and therefore corresponds to the market price.

Jérôme from SwissMilSim Team

Thanks for the background, Jerome. :encouragement:

Can you share more information on the "international model" mentioned by musterpilot?

Sorry, but I have nothing more...
The only thing that I can say is that we planned to do an international version, with international textures, because this one is with a swiss cockpit.
We are going to discuss this soon with the team, but no details at all for the moment.
Jérôme

Hi Jérôme,

Another question: can this model be simply started up by ctrl+e or does it require a startup procedure.

When I have time, startup procedures are no problem, but sometimes (after work or after helping my boy with his studies), I just like to get up into the air fast and enjoy some time flying.

Cheers,

Priller

Hi Priller,

Yes, it is possible to startup using CTRL+E as a simpler startup procedure too.

Best regards,
Jérôme

Jerome,

Seems I've encountered a problem with my FSXA install. :dizzy:

I have sent an e-mail to the SMS Support, but have not received a response. Thanks.

Did you download the right version for your sim ?

there are a few version options
Of course. :very_drunk:

The installation went fine. The installer found the FSXA install.

All is fine except that the Tacpack weapons are not loading for the short nose model. Fuel tanks and empty pylons are showing. There are no display problems with the long nose model.

After my report to SMS, I did a full uninstall - downloaded a fresh installer - and reinstalled the aircraft, and the issue persists. My guess is that there is something quirky with the short nose model for the FSX install.

SMS is looking into the problem. :encouragement:

Of course. :very_drunk:

The installation went fine. The installer found the FSXA install.

All is fine except that the Tacpack weapons are not loading for the short nose model. Fuel tanks and empty pylons are showing. There are no display problems with the long nose model.

After my report to SMS, I did a full uninstall - downloaded a fresh installer - and reinstalled the aircraft, and the issue persists. My guess is that there is something quirky with the short nose model for the FSX install.

SMS is looking into the problem. :encouragement:

Glad you are getting it sorted

Back