• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

de Havilland Vampire DH-100 by SwissMilSim

There is a film made in Britain in the mid to late 50s, maybe early 60s, called "High Flight." Stars Ray Milland, also Anthony Newly (I think). Just some good general film of the Vampire on the ground and in the air, in RAF markings. I've seen it on YouTube and if you can get past the attempts at humor it's a good generalized look at early RAF jet training. Oh, Chipmunks, too.

There is a film made in Britain in the mid to late 50s, maybe early 60s, called "High Flight." Stars Ray Milland, also Anthony Newly (I think). Just some good general film of the Vampire on the ground and in the air, in RAF markings. I've seen it on YouTube and if you can get past the attempts at humor it's a good generalized look at early RAF jet training. Oh, Chipmunks, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l4byhJVA8o This might be an interesting movie!:wavey:

Thank you for the link.
There are some nice sequences starting at 00:44:00.
We can also see the Hunter, a very nice airplane I had the chance to fly once for real (as passenger)!

I see the international package has been released at simmarket

"ouch" to the price @ $45USD and no paint kit, I might skip this one

And no mention or pics of the more common international external tanks. Will wait and see how this develops before pulling the trigger.

K

Hello, there is a paintkit included and the price is the same as the swiss version. You have a special price (about 18 euros) if you have previously bought the other version. And yes, it is only for P3DV4, because we stopped our develpment for previous version of simulators...
Best regards,
Jérôme

I have both versions, but was not offered any kind of special pricing on the original version.
I bought them both from Simmarket.

Dave

Sorry for that, the special price was not yet active, you bought it too quickly ;-)
We'll look at that and perhaps we will have to do a refund and a new buy.
Jérôme

So just to confirm will there be a discount on Simmarket as like Dave I purchased the original from there.

Discount.

Hi all,

I was just browsing the forum and saw this about a discount at SimMarket on the DH-100. I checked SimMarket but can only see a discount applied to the Morane D 3801 not the Vampire...........I'm a little confused if the Vampire is suitable for FSX acceleration or not?

Thanks and regards.

Dave.

Dave,

Does this version have the more ubiquitous external tanks...or does it retain the Swiss-style tanks?

Thanks,

Kent

And yes, it is only for P3DV4, because we stopped our develpment for previous version of simulators...
Best regards,
Jérôme
Too bad. Guess this entire thread needs to move to the P3D forum.

Went ahead ahead and bought the "Export" version of the Vampire. Only difference are English placards and instrument labels (and imperial unit instruments). Drop tanks were not modified to be the standard seen on most export versions, but rather the same Swiss style ones that were in the original package. Worth it because of the English language markings and imperial instruments, IMHO...but other than that, little to no difference. Perhaps they will release a patch with the more common external tank style. Off to find the paint kit....

Kent

P.S. Venom next, please!

Went ahead ahead and bought the "Export" version of the Vampire. Only difference are English placards and instrument labels (and imperial unit instruments). Drop tanks were not modified to be the standard seen on most export versions, but rather the same Swiss style ones that were in the original package. Worth it because of the English language markings and imperial instruments, IMHO...but other than that, little to no difference. Perhaps they will release a patch with the more common external tank style. Off to find the paint kit....

Kent

P.S. Venom next, please!
If that is the case, why didn't they create an FSX version? Seems simple. Baffling it is.

Back