• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

'Don't Know If It's Acceleration/SP2 Compatible'

Simkid, If you get it, tell us what you think. Fraid I can't read German.

It looks interesting. Interested in what works in the VC.

I'm trying to, I used paypal :)banghead: too lazy to get out credit card) and am waiting for some kind of download option...they have rather good customer service although its a bit slow

Code:
FSX Features:

[LIST]
[*]Enhanced         INS with manual input of target coordinates
[*]Large         number of repaints: Test version of the Swiss Airforce, 
        Norwegian Airforce, Greek Airforce, U.S.Airforce, U.S.Marines and U.S.Navy
[*]Dynamic         scenery (F-5E Tiger II, F/A-18, Mirage IIIS, Mirage IIIRS, 
        Patrouille Suisse) over the Axalp with associated flights for practising formation         flying.
[*]Traffic         Radar in the 2D main panel.
[*]Auto         smoke with hot air effect (FSX only)
[*]Improved jet         sounds
[*]Various         other minor adaptions
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*]FSX-features         and textures with specular maps and self-shadowing
[*]Improved         animations of the visual model and the pilot figure
[*]Moving         drag chute
[*]Shark         nose of the Swiss Airforce Variants
[*]Jettison         of all loadout in case of emergency (Emergency All Jettison)
[/LIST]

English language link can be accessed by clicking on the union jack flag on their homepage http://www.flylogicsoftware.com/ :)

This F-5E package looks superb, but it sort of make me wonder if they have got the details right since they have included a Norwegian Air Force texture set. Norway has never used the F-5E Tiger, only the smaller and quite different F-5A/B. They have even got the roundel wrong... Only the first F-16's were painted with that sort of thin blue circle around the roundel due to a mistake at the Fokker factury before delivery.

And to my knowledge so have never Greece flown the Tiger neither... And they have included one of the paintshemes for a early YF-5A prototype. Then it had been better to painted a prototype/test F-5E in my opinion.

Regards
Jens-Ole

quoted from the site:

Sounds like it's not compatible at all... it's NATIVE :jump:

Don't think so. At least it is not mentioned as such, and what's even more, it says it is for FS2004 AND FSX. That usually means an 'adapted' FS9 model with some FSX 'extra's'. I'd check thoroughly before spending your money expecting an FSX-only model.

Don't think so. At least it is not mentioned as such, and what's even more, it says it is for FS2004 AND FSX. That usually means an 'adapted' FS9 model with some FSX 'extra's'. I'd check thoroughly before spending your money expecting an FSX-only model.

The self shadowing in the shots above show that it's a true FSX model.

There are a number of shots there with self shadowing.

Possibly seperate FS9 and FSX models? That seems to be an increasingly common thing these days - keep common what you can, but compile the model twice.

Ian P.

I certainly would have thought on the US versions they would have removed the dorsal antenna to display the correct variation especially after their or their supporters criticism of the AlphaSim product and what a piece of garbage it was.

VCN-1

Austria leased their F-5Es from surplus Swiss stock. So they should be the final version with the extended wing root fairings and the flattened nose. These shown in the images are early models. Just from looking at the images the cockpit looks to be the strong point here (visually at least).
:ernae:

What a cracking little addon. The VC is a joy to behold, a nice selection of textures and models, and it all seems to perform rather well.

The package contains an FSX and an FS9 installer for those who were wondering.

I can't find a paintkit anywhere unfortuately so I'm going to chase the developers up to see if they can release one.

My only major gripe is that the default zoom on the aircraft is ridiculously far away, it takes bloody ages to zoom in properly on the aircraft again. Is there any way to rectify this in FSX?

The quote says "self-shadowing". Self Shadowing means FSX Native, it's very clear ;)

Back