• Please see the most recent updates in the "Where did the .com name go?" thread. Posts number 16 and 17.

    Post 16 Update

    Post 17 Warning old domain name stealing credentials

  • Special Server Maintenance

    Just when you think you have everything running some what better...

    You get a message from the Hosting company. Short story they need to move us to a new server. I have been working with them to plan a good date for all concerned. Here is what we have come up with as a schedule.

    1. November 4th 17:00 -5UTC shut off the forums and start backup proceedures. During this time there will be no access to the forums or the Resource Section.
    2. November 5th Continue with Backups and download same until complete.
    3. November 6th 7:00 turn over server to hosting company to move system to new server
    4. November 7th - 8th restore backups and upgrade forum software.

    If all goes well we should be back online on November 8th.

    To keep you updated we will post updates on AVSIM forums.

    Thank you for your support.

Drive Install

Bushpounder

SOH-CM-2026
Does anyone know if this will need to be installed on the same drive as the operating system? I know we're months out, but just wondering. I am upping my drives and need to up them in the correct way/sizes. Thanks for any help!

Don BP;)
 
I'm in the same boat as you are Bush. I guess it's safe to say that we will have to wait to be sure. I'm debating 4TB M.2 SSD or larger...

I sure hope to not have to remortgage the house to pay for it all just to fly in another M$ product!
 
This will be like no other sim currently in existence, IMHO.
Currently lots of speculation available.
I am opting to wait for it's release before building a new system to house it.
Do it once, do it right.
 
This will be like no other sim currently in existence, IMHO.
Currently lots of speculation available.
I am opting to wait for it's release before building a new system to house it.
Do it once, do it right.

And THAT is the most useful information ever seen.
There's no rush to update any hardware now. MSFS is still in Alpha testing, maybe another Alpha test or two, then a couple of Beta releases, only then will be get a release candidate.
By that time, the correct thing to do is to wait a couple of weeks to see a few reviews.
Speculation is great, but by the time the sim is released, a lot of new hardware will have been released as well.

So, take a bit of time out, & try a little patience..
 
Back
Top