• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Old friend back...

DaveQ

Charter Member
Yes it's back. All seems good with 5.1 HF1 but now back with 5.2. Probably due to Windows 10 update Sunday. Some a/c work better than others. Anybody else got this problem? Any fixes?

GPU is Radeon 6800, CPU Ryzen 7 5800.

DaveQ

Hi Dave
I've experienced the problem for the last several months with both 5.1 and now 5.2. For me it occurs consistently when I attempt to "disable" VR - Oculus Rift S. Have attempted many fixes - some appeared to work for a bit but the problem has always re-occurred. I have read about another couple of fixes over on the P3D forum under this same topic but have not tried them. I'm also given to understand that LM is planning a hot-fix intended to help. Wish I could report something more concrete.

Warren

I had that issue with this new Dell Computer. However Dell's Lockheed person took care of via remote. According to Dell it was the Wacky ATI driver situation in case the Alienware center and ATI center having a Vegas Friday night Fight match lol and P3D was the Ref getting caught in the middle of an upper cut. They cured it.

Thanks for the help Guys. I've tried the Partition Wizard fix without success; an earlier P3D forum fix also was unsuccessful. I've been out most of the day but I'll try the latest P3D particledraw.fx fix in mpns's post when I next get a chance.

Thanks again - I'll keep you posted....

DaveQ

Update - Recurrence when deck landing the RFN F-8 on the Enterprise, as with the original fail. Removed P3D.cfg file, remade the Particledraw.fx file and all well again (so far). Very flakey...

DaveQ

I got that with 5.1 and also now with 5.2 with a RTX 3080 and i9 10900, I can't understand why this still hasn't been fixed - it talks about Nvidia when you start P3D, so if they have some kind of Nvidia assistance, why is it still happening!

I created a post on their forum for 5.1 DXGI Hung and it ended up being many, many pages long!! :dizzy:

I'm still tracking this one. Pushed some sliders to the right and it came back. Deleting the P3D.cfg file fixed it. My latest guess is bathymetry which I turned on and that caused a 'fail'. But there may be other triggers as well. Running default settings avoids the issue rather than solves it.

DaveQ

Back