• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F1: Baku

Interesting and illuminating Ed.
And Willy T put it very succinctly, there was/is no interest in Corporate America in EffWun, let alone backing an American driver, whatever color or creed.
Consider the 'American' Formula 1 team that appeared during that period, 'Beatrice'................. Lola chassis, Hart Turbo (Ford derivative), French and Australian drivers, construction and operations in the UK.
A couple of reasonable results in year 1 despite running the underfunded Hart, and with the new Cosworth Turbo looking good in year 2 it all fell over when the Beatrice suits cried enough.

Digging through my files (that's three standard filing cabinets worth of clippings!) I've started finding the IMSA series reports back when Gurney was running the ST186(?) Celicas and a few teams used the Ford Mercur (?) which was the Sierra Cosworth IIRC.
Still looking but I'm fairly sure Willy T had a seat in Gurney's team, around 1987 or 1988.
I'll see if I can track down 'Uppity', it should be well worth watching.
Loved his 'Cassius' impressions as well.
:encouragement:

Interesting and illuminating Ed.
And Willy T put it very succinctly, there was/is no interest in Corporate America in EffWun, let alone backing an American driver, whatever color or creed.
Consider the 'American' Formula 1 team that appeared during that period, 'Beatrice'................. Lola chassis, Hart Turbo (Ford derivative), French and Australian drivers, construction and operations in the UK.
A couple of reasonable results in year 1 despite running the underfunded Hart, and with the new Cosworth Turbo looking good in year 2 it all fell over when the Beatrice suits cried enough.

Digging through my files (that's three standard filing cabinets worth of clippings!) I've started finding the IMSA series reports back when Gurney was running the ST186(?) Celicas and a few teams used the Ford Mercur (?) which was the Sierra Cosworth IIRC.
Still looking but I'm fairly sure Willy T had a seat in Gurney's team, around 1987 or 1988.
I'll see if I can track down 'Uppity', it should be well worth watching.
Loved his 'Cassius' impressions as well.
:encouragement:
1) Agreed about American interests in F1
2) "The Uppity" is fracking AWESOME!!! A definite "must see" from my biased point of view....:biggrin-new:
3) Yes, he drove for Gurney...

Back