• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FR Buchon and Bf-109G6 released

and now with white wingtips and overpainted german markings:
jk0315

jk0307

Hi Jankees, the position of fasces on the left wing (top) is wrong... The blades of the axes on three fasces must always face the wing tip (as on the right wing top), the same error appairs on the wing's bottom, but inverse (left wing is ok, but right one is wrong). Please take a look at Flight Replicas 109s I painted in the past.

Ah, you learn something new every day, off to produce an update...
This better?
jk0321

jk0322

Thanks for spotting it, Manuele, the update is now in the library, please check if it is ok now?

Oberleutnant Franz Stigler and his Yellow 2.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stigler2.jpg
    Stigler2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Stigler1.jpg
    Stigler1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Stigler3.jpg
    Stigler3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 27
I'm wondering if there's an issue with the station load declarations --

station_load.0 = 195, -1.69, 0, 0.30
Station_name.0 = pilot
station_load.2 = 237, -7.03, 0, -1.22
Station_name.2 = L Wing Cannon
station_load.2 = 237, 7.03, 0, -1.22
Station_name.2 = R Wing Cannon

Surely the left cannon should be Station1?

Dave

I'm wondering if there's an issue with the station load declarations --

Station_name.0 = pilot
station_load.2 = 237, -7.03, 0, -1.22
Station_name.2 = L Wing Cannon

Surely the left cannon should be Station1?

Dave

This has been confirmed by FR. Please replace the above in the following aircraft:

Messerschmitt Bf-109 G6 Early P3D
Messerschmitt Bf-109 G6 Wing Cannon P3D

by this:

Station_name.0 = pilot

station_load.1 = 237, -7.03, 0, -1.22
Station_name.1 = L Wing Cannon

Dave

Anyone working on a repaint of Buchon "White 9" G-AWHH? I've just begun working on a repaint of that aircraft, but if anyone else is already working on it I'll shift to something else. I'd say it is my favorite of the restored/flying Buchons at this present time. In the same token, if I'm successful in completing G-AWHH, another I have my sights on is the restored/flying Bf-109G-6 D-FMGS (though gotta work on my mottling skills a bit), but again if anyone else is interested in tackling it...

As I'm sure most who follow any warbird pages on Facebook will know by now, Wilson "Connie" Edwards passed away last Friday. He was instrumental in saving a large portion of the Buchons surviving today, having received as many as 16 as payment for his flying work in the movie "Battle of Britain" (since they couldn't actually pay him directly for all of the flying/work he did in the film, he took the planes, engines and spare parts as payment instead - which also included the Spitfire Mk.IX MH415, which at this time is in the final stages of restoration to fly in Australia). Back in 2014, there was the massively-publicized sale of the 8-9 Buchons he still had remaining in storage at his airfield/ranch in Big Spring, Texas (the others having already been sold on or donated in years prior) - they were advertised as "barn finds" by the broker of the sale, which of course wasn't really true. Here is the list of those Buchons he saved:

C.4K-30 (*reportedly being used as a parts source at Air Leasing in the UK)
C.4K-31 (became N109ME and G-AWHE, today flies in Germany converted as a Bf-109G-14, D-FMGV, with Hangar10)
C.4K-61 (fuselage surviving, reportedly being used in a Bf-109K project in Germany)
C.4K-99 (today flies in the UK, restored as "Yellow 7", G-AWHM, with Air Leasing)
C.4K-100 (displayed today at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo)
C.4K-102 (today flies in the UK, restored as "Yellow 10", G-AWHK, with Historic Flying Ltd)
C.4K-105 (today flies in the UK, restored as "White 9", G-AWHH, with Anglia Aircraft Restorations)
C.4K-106 (currently stored in California, pending future restoration)
C.4K-111 (under restoration to fly in the UK, as G-HISP, with Air Leasing)
C.4K-112 (today flies in the UK, restored as "Red 11", G-AWHC, with Air Leasing)
C.4K-126 (currently stored in California, pending future restoration)
C.4K-127 (displayed today at the EAA Museum)
C.4K-130 (today flies converted as an Allison-engined Bf-109G-10, N90602, with the Erickson Aircraft Collection)
C.4K-144 (flew as N8575 with the Confederate Air Force, crashed in 1987)
C.4K-152 (under restoration to fly in the UK, as G-AWHR, with Air Leasing)
C.4K-154 (reportedly part of the mass Buchon sale back in 2014 - *possibly at Air Leasing in the UK/parts source)

(*In addition to the three Buchons Air Leasing has already restored and flying, plus two more they are currently restoring to fly, they also have a Bf-109G-2 project under restoration to fly, which will be combining a restored/new-build Bf-109G-2 fuselage with Buchon wings from one of the two identities above (as far as I know).)

Last edited:
Working on an easy one for the moment- "Yellow 10" G-AWHK
Not much really to add to it, should have it up in a couple of days.

Back