• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FsX Configurator

Results excellent. At last I don't get short term freeze-ups and my FsX stability is best ever.

I'm going to try this, and will report back tomorrow, when I am sober. :ernae:

Seems like a great utility, though!

Hi all,

Thanks for the Heads-Up Roger.

This works like a charm, I already see massive improvements.
Better FPS, less blurries, less stutters. And I wasn't even that unhappy with it, hahah!
I have a what one would call a low end systen, Intel Duo Core 2,3GHz, 2 gig ram, GTS8800 512. XP-SP3
This is on a relatively fresh system re-install, with new FSX+accel, NickN's tricks applied, defragged, etc.

I would say, give it a go, no harm done.

still 2 questions:
How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing

Best regards,

Rob

Jesus recommended it I see. I checked it out, and it applies many tweaks I already apply (AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND). Furthermore, this adds some unique tweaks I was not aware of...

Guys, I would actually recommend this. Furthermore, it allows you to backup your original file.

How to apply an EXTERNAL FPS limiter
How to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing

To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.

Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.

I found the link to that configurator in some forums related to the FSX and decided to give it a try. And i have to say with this external frame limiter and the new cfg file the FSx runs more stable. And as i corrected some mistakes with my videocardsettings which i made, i have some more ressources free for more details now. Its a try worth for the most users with no doubt.

Many thanks for that work to Jesus Bojote. Thank you. :salute:

WOW, it works like a charm! I found out that I had it tweked out fairly good allready, but it only needed a few hints to "perfection"! Had to switch off my lightbloom (which I replaced by enbseries again without any performance loss) and reduce my autogendensity one notch (had it to full max, so reducing wasn´t a real loss;-) and violá: fps to unlimited and I get a constant 20-40 fps now, no matter how dense the addon-scenery or how complex the aircraft!

Great service!:jump:
Alex G.

NVidia only ?

Stupid question here , I take it this is for those that use NVidia cards only , not ATI ?

Well Roger I was a skeptic. I was already running my Q9550/GTX260 based system at home at 30fps no tweaks except Affinity Mask (locked) running ORBX PNW at very high settings and thought that was the best it's gonna get and I was happy with it. I decided to go ahead and run the test. Low and behold I have the same very high settings and I can now run unlimited at 55fps the lowest is 49 in Olympia, WA to Renton, WA (which is a huge surprise). I am running with realistic weather and OPEN CLOUDS enabled.

Thanks a bunch my friend. I really have to give a shout out to this fix. I am amazed! Nirvana at last! I will run this on the TechCorp i7 960 today!
Ted

Have to add I was using the A2A Cub with Heidi aboard which is a bit more of drain on FPS than the standard Cessna. Now running the B-17...no difference whatsoever. I am impressed!

This, I gotta try! Just replaced my overclocked dual core E6850 with a quad core Q9650 and already see better FPS and less stuttering, now this? Hold my beer and watch this!

Thanks Roger...a timely intervention. My FSX.cfg was tweaked so much I'd broken my sim. I'll give this a shot today. :)

You'll probably notice even more improvement if you have an ATI card.

Thanks Roger for this great find . Works VERY well with an ATI card(4890-1 gig , Win 7 64bit ,
Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R with Q9650 oc'd 3.6 , 4 gigs DDR3

Rich:jump:

Results:Increase FPS with a more fluid , smooth operation .

To apply the external FPS limiter, follow the instructions in that come with the limiter tool to create a batch file. You will then run FSX from that batch file from now on.
Transparency Anti-Aliasing is a feature of your video card. The tweak is asking you to turn this off with your video card software, for example in the Nvidia Control Panel, etc.
Thanks Cody.
I found the external FPS limiter, I'll give it another go, although I saw in the forum the results are diverse, but maybe in combination with this tweek, it might well work.

And it appears the Transperance Anti Aliassing was already off, but thanks for pointing the way.

Best, Rob

I've tested that tool not too long ago. It suggested settings totally au contraire with my personal preferences, so I took the odd one or two things that I deemed useful for my setup and disregarded the rest.

Nonetheless a fairly useful tool for those who don't want to tweak FSX manually or want a starting point for further tweaking.

Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R

Great board!

If I hadn't struck that deal on the X48T, I'd have gone for one of those. Would've even enabled me to squeeze out way more in the FSB department.

Great find Roger, thanks for the HU. It made some changes, but most of the setting were already okay. It should be as I still had double digit framerates and compare with my system even RobCap has a top range system.....

Cheers,
Huub

Back