• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

GAS Super Stearman WIP

Spad54

SOH-CM-2024
Once again LaGaffe has worked his awesome coding powers to update our Super Stearman for MSFS. There is still a tremendous amount of work to do, new liveries, mods, and we are coordinating with SimAcoustics for development of a Wwise sound solution for that model. Additionally LaGaffe has developed 2 modes. Easy and Full Realism that the user can select. Full realism will allow for persistent engine "state saving" and failure modes. More to come as we progress.

Rear Cockpit
yux5I4.jpg

I look forward to seeing this on my computer.

One "head scratcher" I noticed a modern Attitude Indicator in the panel, but only a whiskey compass for direction. I would think that if I could afford to put an ADI in the cockpit, I could also come up with the money for at least a RMI for directional guidance.

Just something that caught my attention.

There is a GPS option which when selected places the device above the compass in the rear cockpit.

Last edited:
We are in very early beta testing.

I will be regularly checking this thread for updates. :wiggle:

And patiently waiting for release. :jump:

Will this be an add-on to the present package, or a separate product?

Either way, I am in line for it. :applause:

I will be regularly checking this thread for updates. :wiggle:

And patiently waiting for release. :jump:

Will this be an add-on to the present package, or a separate product?

Either way, I am in line for it. :applause:

This will be a stand alone product.

Some screens for your eyes and to make you wait because we are only at the beginning ... Theses textures are just ports of the fsx versions so that I can work at best on 3D models :santahat:

The RedBull version

2024-03-18-093726.jpg

... with its main panel

2024-04-19-193114.jpg

Airshow users aren't forgotten

2024-04-19-193033.jpg

and also Racing model with its wheel cover (faired version)
2024-02-26-183242.png

She is on my "work table" and the project go slowly but surely.
As you can see a racing model is ready ... sounds and textures in progress ;)

1718458818479.png

I just spent more than a month to re-learn 3 languages: HTML5, CSS3 and Javascript to realize an interface to manage this add-on.
I had started laying the groundwork for this last year in June for another project I had in progress (Canso PBY-5A) and lately I have updated and almost finished it for the Super Stearman.

When I delivered my TiBush in 2013 for FSX/P3D, I added a "Damage Mod" and a graphical interface to manage it. At the time 2D panels were supported now this function no longer exists. There are of course speudos 3D tablets but it did not satisfy me.

So I first implemented this realist mode and as it worked perfectly, I just made the interface functional that I had thought. This interface is not complete because before adding all the functions envisaged, I wanted to check that all the basic functions were operational. Since yesterday, these functions are OK: I still had a annoying bug that I had a little trouble solving but it is fixed !.

Now that this last bug is settled, I will finally be able to add the data persistence modes and the panel of options that were missing !
This screen is not contractual but it represents

1718459574873.png
This screen is not contractual but it represents the functions that will be present in the final version. The walkaround is of course operational, and compared to a 3D tablet this screen is present on the screen as long as the user wants it with the possibility of returning to the cockpit.

3D tablets now do it in the latest add-ons (JustFlight or Flysimware) but by implementing more work on the part of the designer because it is necessary :
- to animate very precisely the tablet on a path planned in advance and
- calculated for each point, a keyframe that will serve as a intermediate point on the walkaround.

This solution is more easy to implement and very responsive.
Here an other try of mine to see that is the "better look and feel"... The old tablet is also present :cool:

1718460057748.png

Last edited:
For Kevin, the 450 HP Pratt & Whitney is well present and it feels to use!
In eazy mode, the plane tends to move a little when it is online but in realistic mode it becomes really difficult to keep it on the runway and to take off :cool:
The Team tester will have "a lot of fun" to finish the development of the flight model ;)

Looking forward to this aircraft pack immensely, Didier. Love your effort all around. Can't wait to see and fly it - and do the walkaround, test the various realism settings too

Greetings
We just wanted to update you all about the progress of the project. All the major coding for model behaviors is about complete. LaGaffe is a absolute magician as you will see. The Wwise sound environment by SimAcoustics is implemented. We are now in the process of reviewing all texture files and liveries. JanKees is applying his talents to that end. This is still very much a WIP so please note that there much to do before considering a release date which we hope will be late September early October. Here is a short video of the model in the sim demonstrating the systems developed by LaGaffe. State saving is active in this model when using the full realism mode.

Looking fantastic. This is the version I've waited for the most. Thank you all who are working to make this one the best releases for MSFS 2020.

Hoping for a "Cannibal Queen" texture.

Now that I'm retired and the income stream has really fallen, I have to be more choosy with my purchases. This one is definitely # 1 on the list.

Back