• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Getting ready to try FSX again and need alil advise

M

mytincantruck

Well after FSX first came out I didnt like it. or better off it did not like my machine. I have since updated to 4 Gigs of ram and a new Motherboard which supports my 3 gig Dual (not Duo) Cope processor. I have a EVGA 9800 GT PCIe vid card w 512 on board. Yeah its not the best of the best but it works. I was wondering what is really essential and needed for FSX and should I install FSX Acceleration as wll. Any help is greatly appreciated.

First off you never said what your processor was........Or maybe you did...You have a 3.0 processor? A dual?

You tell us that we can give you better realistic expecations..

You need to install Acceleration or both the FSX Service Packs ....

At 3.0 with both Service Packs installed and a 9800 GT (512) you shoild expect not to shabby performance from FSX..There are tweaks you can use to lighten the processor load.It can take a few days to really dial it in, but we can help with that process...

Have a look around these top three threads here..They all pertain to tweaking , add-ons, and the such...

If you need some help..We are here...

BTW..Can you be more specific on your CPU???

FSX loves about 3.2 to 3.6 Ghz....

My Processor is a Dual Core 3 Gig Intel

I'm sorry..but I'm still lost...

Mine is a E8600...3.33Ghz--- 2 cores

Datters is a Q 6600....2.4Ghz---- 4 cores

If you right click on the computer icon on your desktop and then select properties it will tell you all the info about your computer and your CPU :ernae:

Here is Everything I can find on my Processor

Model: Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 3.0GHz
2 x 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Dual-Core Processor
Brand Intel Processors
Type Desktop Series Pentium D Model BX80553930
CPU Socket Type LGA 775
Tech Spec Core Presler Multi-Core Dual-Core Name Pentium D 930
Operating Frequency 3.0GHz
FSB 800MHz
L2 Cache 2 x 2MB
Manufacturing Tech 65 nm
64 bit Support Yes
Hyper-Threading Support No
Virtualization Technology Support Yes
Multimedia Instruction MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, EM64T
Voltage 1.25-1.4V
Thermal Power 95W
Cooling Device Heatsink and Fan included
Manufacturer Warranty Parts 3 years limited Labor 3 years limited

Any other info needed?

Ahhh I see... its pentium....You should have not to much problems then...

Thanks..I was just curious mostly..

have you loaded FSX yet? If so hows it going so far?

FSX is loaded and running No Service packs or acceleration. Debating if I want to just do the service packs or Acceleration.

Well reguardless you need the service packs....But Acceleration disk has both SP's on the disk and they auto install with Acceleration...

BUT You get some cool missions and planes with it too ..

Acceleration did not do well and I removed it weeks ago...No problems with SP 1 and 2 though..Strange

Hi Harleyman,

Was following this one for a bit. I noticed you removed Acceleration. I did the same thing. (removed acceleration) and I have just SP1 on it. I have heard that you don't need SP2. Is this true?

Tks.

Mike
aka the "langshan"

Well reguardless you need the service packs....But Acceleration disk has both SP's on the disk and they auto install with Acceleration...

BUT You get some cool missions and planes with it too ..

Acceleration did not do well and I removed it weeks ago...No problems with SP 1 and 2 though..Strange

Hey Mike... I have it installed..(SP 2) I have never heard where not to..Some people do not install it for different reasons..

Here is what ACES says about it.....

Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 addresses these post-release customer concerns (see the Readme file for details):
  • Multiplayer compatibility with Flight Simulator X: Acceleration
  • DirectX 10 preview
IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install Service Pack 2.
IMPORTANT: You must install Service Pack 1 before installing Service Pack 2.
Notes:
  • Service Pack 2 does not include the code updates required to use the new Flight Simulator X: Acceleration aircraft. You must purchase and install Flight Simulator X: Acceleration to use those aircraft.
  • After you have installed Service Pack 2, you will be able to play multiplayer games only with users who have installed either Service Pack 2 or Flight SimulatorX: Acceleration.

Hi Harleyman,

I had installed SP1 and SP2. When I bought Acceleration, the program asked to de-install SP2 which it did, and then Acceleration was installed. Recently due to some problems with FX10, I removed Acceleration leaving me with just SP1. I might go ahead and try to re-install Acceleration and see what happens.

Thanks.

Mike

Go ahead..it won't hurt a thing...It a tad unclear as to its need for a non Acceleration install, but I have it and all is well...

Well after a lil thinking I decided to just install the SP's with no Acceleration. I know ill mis out on planes and missions but im gonna give it a wirl. I have most everythingset on med High and am liking it so far. Is there anything that I should really get to add to the FSX experience planes textures any other things they may improve it and add that lil extra

Yes...Look just above this thread at my thread ..Great addons for FSX..it has a good description for all things that make FSX purty...

Reinstalled it, got the same error as before "files are corrupted, reinstall or repair" error. I removed acceleration and she loaded right up. I am probably going to have to remove the whole FX10 and start over again. Ouch. But I miss landing my F18 on the carrier deck along with those new helo's and missions.

=S=

Go ahead..it won't hurt a thing...It a tad unclear as to its need for a non Acceleration install, but I have it and all is well...

Now I'm a little confused.... That is the first time I've heard you removed Acceleration because it was corrupted....

You think its DX10 thats gone bad? That comes with vista and has nothing to do with FSX or Acceleration..

I had Vista first, and with the install of FSX I had *DX10 Preview* showing in the settings page of FSX.... You should too....

Do This...

Go to Start......Run.....Type in dxdiag and hit go......

That will bring up all your Direct 9 and 10 stuff..It will let you check it for errors and run tests on it too....

Its strange Acceleration gives you errors, even though it may check for your Direct X stuff, not sure why it errors there too....

Test it all out and see if it passes all tests and let me know..Never heard of this before...:gossip:

That DX10 was what I was thinking, but for several months Acceleration had worked well, then several weeks ago i went to fire it up and had that error.

Probably end of reinstall of the whole works, no biggy. I like tinkering around with these things.

Back