• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Getting rid of stutters!?

Give this a test too... EDIT...This is for FS9........NOT FSX....sorry...Don't do it...Don't exceed 100 here... My fault.....

[DISPLAY]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= 40 <--------- start at 30 and move up..But don't excede 100

Lets go the other way and see......This is where mine is set

What do you mean you went up to clear up the high resolution cloud stutters?

So..What other stuttering are you getting?

Try setting your clouds at a much lower resolution for a while too..Just to be sure you are not still having cloud issues...Or have you done that before? Are you using the DXT textures and I assume you have ASX ?

that was the first thing i tried, there is no difference between the high and low res cloud textures.
And no not ASX, Real Environment Xtreme with DXT5 optimization.

Have you made any Vid card driver changes before this happened?

You say defragging your HDD cleared it up once....Then it came back...

You can go to your HDD manufactures website and DL a tool to run and test your HDD for errors.....You can run DiskCheck too..

What Sound card if any do you use? Have you updated drivers for that too lately.if its creative they have known issues....

You are using REX...Have you changed your FSX config for that to..

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 [SIZE=-1](Required setting for REX ) [/SIZE]

yes i have been playing around with the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD setting.
Its not an HDD issue its a generic drop in framerate in stuttering for some unkown reason, there is no HDD activity going on with the FPS drop, in some instances the FPS stays low in a particular view angle even when paused.

I have a Creative X-FI XtremeGamer, no updates that recently.

Hmm I know you have a all but virgin install...Do you have any add on sceneries?

Does this happen at any point or place you fly> Are you using a test airport ,or is it everywhere...

My thinking here was perhaps duplicate bgl files.....

Actually i tested when i reinstalled FSX clean and the problem was still there before any addons had been installed.
Places i have been testing at has been primarily Jönköping(Jonkoping in FSX) and Orcas. But it tends to happen in general with any clouds.

I think these answers might better be addressed at the REX site.... (maybe)

Correct me if I'm wrong

A clean install of FSX.....Does it run smooth then? (reread and see it does not)

Or only after you install REX ?

If its not smooth on just FSX,and you say it was perfect before then.....

I say you have a bad install of FSX....There is a proper way to install FSX ..

1. Defragg your HDDs
2. Install FSX...Load a flight..Fly a few minutes...Close
3. Defragg again....
4. Install Acceleration.....Load the sim...Fly a few...Close...
5. Defragg

Now then..A clean install of FSX means cleaning ALL regestry entries out too. I like to manually do that and with XP Pro I also use Reg Scrub XP..

After thats all done I reboot into a clean OS and regestry and begin my install process...

You may want to consider this too...

No the problem still persists with FSX with a clean, no-addon, installation.

I have already done just that in reinstalling FSX including wiping the registry from FS related entries.

Well Alexraptor..I am fast running out of ideas here....

Do you play any other games at all? if so do they stutter too?

Are your HDDS in Raid?

Do you Have your CPU OCed?

Is your GPU OCed?

Do you live over a burial ground? :help:

No no burial ground lol
No RAID
No GPU OC
CPU OC'ed to 3Ghz(from 2.66)
I play Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Far Cry 2 amongst others and no problems period there.

I'm getting micro stutters as well, no add-on scenery for me, just some freeware water and cloud textures and the free ground environment gift that was released during the holidays. I've tried just about everything except changing video drivers and that might be the issue, some cfg tweaks seem to help, but more often than not, the improvement is minimal. Il2 Sturmovik was designed around Java and OpenGL, only Nvidia cards can run that sim with all the graphics at max. Somewhere along the line, Nvidia either changed something in the drivers or in the hardware (or both) and introduced micro stutters into the sim. Some drivers seem better than others, but it always seems to be there. I'm begining to think the FSX may be suffering the same way.

I guess the question is, do ATI graphics card users have the same problem with stutters?

stansdds I have two ATIs and there are no micro stutters but neither should your Nvidia have microstutters of your system is set up correctly, have you flashed the BIOS on your motherboard or upgraded your video card drivers to the latest. NHancer will also do a very fine job at eliminating stutters, but if you use it please donate a small amount as it is a fine program for Nvidia users.
Ted

I've used nHancer for about two years now, far better than the nVidia panel. I have not changed the BIOS on my computer since I built it last year. My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R with the F2 BIOS, at the time this was the most stable BIOS for this board. I'm still using the nVidia 178.24 WHQL driver, but the 181.20 WHQL just came out, so I may try that one. The remainder of my system is...

E6860 CPU overclocked to 3.6GHz
WD 320GB SATA 2 hard drive (one primary drive, the other used for back up copies)
2GB Corsair XMS PC-800 DDR2 RAM (not overclocked)
Windows XP Home SP2

I've installed the 181.20 WHQL driver and it seems to be a keeper. I also messed with a couple of settings I was using for FSX and have greatly reduced the stutters. First, I jacked up the "Global Texture Resolution" slider to full (this allows 1024x1024 resolution textures) and the stutters were reduced and the world was a lot crisper. The next thing I did was to scale back the Anisotropic Filtering via nHancer from 16x down to 8x. I really didn't notice any difference in the image, but the frame rates became very stable.

Next, I messed with the target frame rate. "Unlimited" resulting in wildly oscillating frame rates and terrible stuttering. 30 was ok, but still a bit of stuttering and instability in frame rate. 24 seems to be the sweet spot. The stuttering is so minimal that it's really, really difficult to detect and the frame rates are stable. FSX stock Mooney locks in at 23 to 24 fps, the FS2004 Beechcraft B300 from AFG tends to run from 18 to 20 fps, but very, very smooth! Granted, 24 fps is nowhere near the 50+ I get with FS2004, but now FSX is smooth.

Good deal...

Frames are a great way to see where you're at with your tweaking..Then when it gets smooth and nice...turn the dumb thing off....LOL

Harleyman, I couldn't agree more. Another thing I noticed, or at least perceive, is that leaving the menu bar open slightly decreases frame rates. Maybe it's just me, but it all seems to be ever so slightly faster with the menu bar closed. And why do I have to tell FSX to close the menu bar twice before it closes?

Many report that running in windowed mode hits their frames ..As to why it needs told twice,who knows,maybe it was a lack of parenting growing up....LOL

Really,I have no ideas on that...I guess whats important to rember is that at least it finally does do as you ask.....

Sorry I have no answer for that....:whistle:

Back