• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Haas F1 & The Current "Situation"

One of the most clear rules we have here is NO POLITICS. Consider yourself warned. And I hate to repeat myself so this is the final as well.

Huub

All I see above is political discussion, YOU included. In any case, Go ahead and ban me. This is a dying site anyways as witnessed by 2 straight years of not meeting the donation goals. Bye

Matt

Funny how we sometimes see things completely different. I though we were having a quite civil discussion about the effect of an international crisis on a sponsoring in Formula One. You think it is about politics while I think its about sponsoring during an international crisis.

You thought this was the place to share you personal opinion about your prime minister. Which makes me wonder: "Do you really think I am interested in what you think about your prime minister?" I don't think you are interested in what I think of my prime minister?

I thought you would be afraid to get banned, but now you ask me to ban you.

It's truly an odd world and you can be sure I'm really not interested in your opinion about your prime minister. Instead I think you should be happy that you live in a country where you can freely say your opinion about your prime minister. There are many countries in which you can not.

Cheers,
Huub

There will not be a Russian Grand Prix in future years after Formula 1 terminated its contract with the race promoter following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
This year’s race in Sochi was already cancelled by F1 in response to the war, but the sport had a longer-term contract to race at Igora Drive near St. Petersburg from 2023 onwards.
Following a further discussions this week, F1 has decided it will not race in Russia in the future and as such has cancelled the existing deal.

“Formula 1 can confirm it has terminated its contract with the Russian Grand Prix promoter meaning Russia will not have a race in the future,” an F1 statement read.

The move comes despite the FIA opting against banning Russian drivers and competitors from international competition, a decision that was criticized by some national federations such as Motorsport UK who made their own decision to prohibit Russian and Belarusian competitors racing.
F1 has yet to confirm a replacement race for the Russia date of September 25 this year, with Sochi having originally formed the first leg of a tripleheader also featuring Singapore and Japan.
:encouragement:

They already announced last week that if Sotchi was due to be cancelled then, it will not be an issue to find a replacement race. Now the question is where and when :)

Urgency for the team is now to find a budget, they will never make it to the end of the season with a white car.

Now that Liberty Media and Netflix made F1 popular in the USA, I am pretty sure they will find some generous patriotic american sponsor.

This, or Andretti will buy the team.

I do find it interesting that the Race was never cancelled after the Crimea and Ukraine 2014 events.

Well, the sport is supposed to remain outside political topics and on top of that there are contrats in place, a competition can not be canceled easily. What has happened in 2022 is that there has been pressure and decisions taken by the politics for which the sports events organizations were obliged to follow by a way or another.

It's interesting to note that no motorsports action was taking after the Annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the 2014 Ukraine 'events'....

It's interesting to note that no motorsports action was taking after the Annexation of Crimea in 2014 and the 2014 Ukraine 'events'....

Actually there was no action taken of ANY kind Ed, as well as against the Russian 'action' against Chechnya at the turn of the Century (or thereabouts) and Georgia.
I (just me, myself) have always been against any sport run in any country that is governed by a repressive regime.
However, we really should avoid 'politicising' this thread. (Mea Culpa)
:173go1:

Back