• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to
Harvard_IIa

Harvard_IIa 1.0

No permission to download
Many thanks, Wayne!

As there's a paintkit included, I expect it's OK to paint it... But is it then OK to release the resulting aircraft as a full stand-alone? With full credits and the original read-me, of course.

Warning, it references an engine sound from Rising Sun. If you install it in ETO it may crash the game until you fix the sound reference.

p.s. I just had the T-6 based at our local airport fly over my house...

Last edited:
Thanks Thudman, great to have a Harvard, and that sound file is probably the best one!
Also, looking forward to a Nigel paint job, maybe something Canadian... :)
240907 Harvard.jpg

The models have a little issue with a mismatch between the interior, and exterior windows (shifted in/out relative to one another), along with the location of the rear seat instrument panel (shifted right when looking in from the outside). Not really the end of the world, but something for a rainy day list of things to do.

A couple of effects lines to add for night flying that provides a uv light for the front and rear pilot positions.

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.175" PosZ="-0.25" PosY="0.65" Pitch="110" Heading="20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.175" PosZ="-1.25" PosY="0.80" Pitch="110" Heading="-20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

Cool! Some trainers are fun to have around.

Warning, it references an engine sound from Rising Sun. If you install it in ETO it may crash the game until you fix the sound reference.

p.s. I just had the T-6 based at our local airport fly over my house...
Which is your local airport Andy?

Very happy to have this! Thank you again.

If there is a model update at some point in the future, may I respectfully request the addition of an r.dds texture.

With Ankor's shaders you can add your own even it it isn't part of the model to begin with. YourMainTextureName.+sr.dds will do the trick. Example, t_6_main_t.+sr.dds

Technically this uses the red channel to set the reflection level, but a normal grayscale texture will work since all the channels are identical in that case.

Also, YourTextureName.+nm.dds will add a normal map (bump map) to the model.

"Also, YourTextureName.+nm.dds will add a normal map (bump map) to the model."

Can this be done with existing models?

Back