• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Hawaiian Airports Parts 1, 2, and 3 Freeware

MZee1960

SOH-CM-2023
Beautiful scenery, lots of airports, lots of little airfields, complete with a generous helping of nicely modelled AI - helicopters, military, civilian, props, jets .........

Spend your Holidays in the hot, virtual sun of the Hawaiian Islands, lol ! :encouragement:

This is Ford Island, only one of many airfields done in this three pack by George Keough :

W9VjHOd.png

Be sure to get all 3 packs. Available from here - https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/hawaii.html

Excellent call MZee. I agree with you wholeheartedly as George Keough's Hawaii is truly a work of art. I've had this scenery (parts 1,2 and 3) installed for several years now and I can't think of a single bad point. I was quite amazed right after I installed it as it was at the time and still is the closest to accuracy that is out by others. All IMHO of course.

I say by all means install this scenery package and see for yourselves what I'm saying. You won't be sorry I assure you.

Merry Christmas to all

Yes, George Keough certainly left no stone untouched when putting these airports and airfields together.

The sound packs (birds, waves crashing etc.), all of the AI planes, helicopters, motorized trikes ..... why you don't even need to leave Hawaii and still be entertained for weeks on end while exploring the magnificent scenery.

It's almost like a 'sim within a sim'. Fifteen airports and airfields covering Hawaii Big Island, Maui, Lanai, Molokai, Oahu, Kauai. Just don't forget to swim with the dolphins near PAK, and catch the orcas playing in the waters near PHUP. Unless, of course, you're caught up watching the Military fly-bys over at Pearl Harbour. :adoration:

Happy New Year, Everyone !

Last edited:
Short flight, PHMU to PHUP ...........

Getting busy already at PHMU today

QYEXzPS.png

Mostly leisure traffic enjoying the tropical breeze, the sounds of the seagulls in flight, and breaking surf over at PHUP

noKqY3F.png

xytJacC.jpg

I'm at MCAS Kaneohe with Paul Clawson's B-18 Bolo. The B-52 static aircraft would be more appropriate over at Hickam but it's still nice to have the field populated with some military aircraft. :encouragement:

B-18_Kaneohe.jpg

REX weather, ground and water textures also work very well for me with this scenery, enhancing airport runways, tarmac, and giving coastline water that tropical reef look.

I just cannot get the water color as deep blue as I would like it to be with REX, and I'm afraid 'Ocean hues' will just overwrite my REX water textures, which I don't want.

... I'm afraid 'Ocean hues' will just overwrite my REX water textures, which I don't want...

I have no idea of how REX works, but Ocean Hues by Flight Sim Jewels is only 2 files called 360b2su1.bmp and 354b2su1.bmp, so it's easy to backup these 2 files, and try it! I'm using "Hawaii Deep", but your have a few other choices like "Hawaii light", "Polynesia", "Septentrional", "Mare Nostrum"...

Both files are in folder ...\Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Texture\

Below, 2 screenshots near MCAS Kaneohe Bay with and without Hawaii Photoreal + Ocean Hues... quite dramatic isn't it? And FREE!

dW5Zsur.jpg

bWeEHTY.jpg

Beautiful scenery. Does any one know if there are any conflicts with Orbx? I don’t think Orbx reaches the mid Pacific but I just want to check.

Thanks

Thanks

Only possibility of conflict would be if you are using the Orbx Freeware NA Airports. That covers almost all of the Hawaiian Airports. If you have people walking around the airports it might be a sign that Orbx is there. George has done a magnificent job of recreating the Island Airports but I don't remember seeing "moving" characters at any of them. Just a HU.

Only possibility of conflict would be if you are using the Orbx Freeware NA Airports. That covers almost all of the Hawaiian Airports. If you have people walking around the airports it might be a sign that Orbx is there. George has done a magnificent job of recreating the Island Airports but I don't remember seeing "moving" characters at any of them. Just a HU.

Thanks Ed. I do have the Orbx Freeware NA Airports installed. Will it work if I ensure the Hawaiian Airports are installed above the Orbx scenery?

Thanks Ed. I do have the Orbx Freeware NA Airports installed. Will it work if I ensure the Hawaiian Airports are installed above the Orbx scenery?
All I know is that if my scenery is active and Orbx also has the same airport in the Freeware pak, I will have buildings on top of buildings and people walking around that I didn't place, lol

I always have to go into the Orbx folder, find all the airports I know I've done that might be there and delete the three(3) files for each one.

Like Ed, I have some FTX/Global conflicts. A couple are solved (I've not documented them) with Airport Elevation Correction, and others need the surgical removal of FTX scenery.

One, HI23, on the Big Island is wonky. Without AEC it's got terrain issues; with, the surrounding land is OK but the runway floats in space. In either case there's a honking great building on the runway. In reality it doesn't matter as it looks like it's a hold-over from ancient data as Google Earth shows it as unused, filled with sheds and buildings and FWIW, abandoned. Shame as it's a nice access point to the Volcanos Park.

Yes, those are the ones. I had to delete maybe five or six Orbx Airports that conflicted.

Like Ed, I have some FTX/Global conflicts. A couple are solved (I've not documented them) with Airport Elevation Correction, and others need the surgical removal of FTX scenery.

One, HI23, on the Big Island is wonky. Without AEC it's got terrain issues; with, the surrounding land is OK but the runway floats in space. In either case there's a honking great building on the runway. In reality it doesn't matter as it looks like it's a hold-over from ancient data as Google Earth shows it as unused, filled with sheds and buildings and FWIW, abandoned. Shame as it's a nice access point to the Volcanos Park.

Thanks for the replies and tips. :encouragement: :encouragement:

Steve

Back