• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Hawaiian Airports Parts 1, 2, and 3 Freeware

I have all Orbx scenery, (Global Base, Vector, Open LC), REX textures (airport ground/water/sky/clouds) for this region with no issues that I'm aware of.
I do not have any Orbx freeware airports in FSX. I also do not have any mesh addons in FSX.
I have visited all of the airports in the package, which is all I have installed (manually). The effects and AI are part of these airports.
Perhaps some 'other' freeware which complements this package (Hawaii photoreal, mesh, etc.) may not play nice with Orbx ? - I have none in the Hawaii area, so don't know.
Also, ensure this Hawaii scenery is above everything Orbx in the scenery library order. :encouragement:

Last edited:
Speaking of animations ....... I took the ultralight up to Upolu (PHUP) again today, to watch the orcas play in the waters nearby ......

ptxHXwV.png

.... and ran into some 'construction' near the runway.

6eTagXs.png

The dolphins over at Port Allen (PAK) are also great fun to watch, ..... and that's just the 'tip of the iceberg'.

Yes there is some conflicts with George Keogh's airports and ORBX freeware airport pack. You need to locate and disable 27 files. This is the way I do it, with a "disabled" folder inside the "FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS" folder:

RLB8GHL.jpg

Yes there is some conflicts with George Keogh's airports and ORBX freeware airport pack. You need to locate and disable 27 files. This is the way I do it, with a "disabled" folder inside the "FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS" folder:

Thanks for that vonstroheim. That looks to be a big help. :encouragement: :encouragement:

There is a story behind every airport and airfield in this scenery.
Currently adding fuel injection, GPS and a few other mods to my newest acquisition, then will be back and flying here.

On the island of Kauai, there is Barking Sands Air Base PHBK ..........

f7Ykwo6.png

pphNqHL.png

nJ8ERLQ.png

WlxeSPw.png

NaArxbr.jpg

.......... a good place to start a Hawaii tour :smile-new:

Still, on Kauai, we arrive at Princeville HI01 ..........

YAnuKTP.png

bGnmmOy.png

CH0SwfJ.jpg

wi05E7R.png

Z594LCu.png

.... then a brief stop at Port Allen PAK, to listen and watch the seagulls play, and the dolphin antics in the waters nearby ......

7T9JOsI.png

Leaving the Duke behind on Kauai, we hop on the wings of the Golden Eagle which takes us to the neighboring Oahu.

Arriving at Kalaeola, or John Rodgers Field PHJR we see the Coast Guard based there hard at work .....

kbEb5cr.png

gEm4vbT.png

HcEdlOX.png

Next pit stop is Ford Island NPS ....

7qUr4cl.png

Then we fly a short hop to Kaneohe Bay PHNG, and play with the Top Gun fellas for a while ......

7dbJYlh.png

A bit of heli sightseeing gives us a view of Ford Island, and of course Honolulu International PHNL ...

vSQDs2e.png

We leave beautiful Honolulu, taking the Conquest over to Molokai, landing at PHMK, at a very busy time, full of tourist traffic ........

ufnCJeX.png

Then it's a short hop over to Kalaupapa PHLU, for a mid-day break ...

pdgY7h6.png

and to admire the ocean spray and sounds in the near distance ....

jZJ2TTX.png

Now it's a step back in time in the retro-colored Bonanza V-tail, as we fly to Lanai, landing at PHNY ......

1NGBl3J.png

Fcx9fxf.png

QiNra0a.png

At Lanai, we switch to a Cheyenne for a smooth flight over to Maui ........

Landing at Kapalua JHM .........

lL1v77J.png

b8S7Eog.png

Yae6zuc.png

Then, after a quick hop over to the other side of the island, we arrive at the beautiful Hana PHHN .....

mAoXj8B.png

AMsJ8kD.png

The Big Island of Hawaii with Upolu PHUP and Waimea-Kohala PHMU are shown in post #4 (above).

Time to park the plane and sail back to Honolulu harbor !

Have fun everyone in this scenery. A "Sim within a sim" ! :smile-new:

TxGmq3U.png

Back