• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

I Found A New Cool Airport

Flags At KEYF

First, to answer Penzoil3 above, yes as soon as it is ready to release it will be in the Warbirds Library for download. As you can tell, I'm still working on it. Last night and this morning, I added SODE US and NC flags where they are adjacent to the terminal. They are variable with the wind direction and speed as is the windsock. This morning REX real weather said 120/04 so they are facing in that direction but are limp on the poles. Again I need to thank Bushpilot at FSDeveloper who worked very patiently with me teaching me SODE and created the limp flags for me. I have changed the textures to match the airports for the state flags at airports in New Hampshire, Texas and Georgia that I have created. SODE especially its xml and textures are very sensitive to proper values. Last night I was tearing out what little hair I have LOL until by comparison with flag texture that works that my BMP downloads were 200dpi and SODE texture requires in these cases 72dpi. I knew what was wrong when I kept getting "black" flags that it was a texture issue from my repainting experience but didn't find it until comparing dpi, thank you Lord for the inspiration. By 23:30 I was getting quite frustrated. Then, voila change the resolution in Photoshop and it worked.

ImY7mAW.jpg

KEYF At Sunset

I just finished with a lot of trouble and a new install of the Autogen Annotator to finally get satisfactory conifer autogen for the airport. "Bob" and I went down on the ground to check out the trees up close and personal and as I turned a 360 this beautiful scene appeared so I had to take a shot of it and share. With the satisfactory autogen now in the folder, I think that I will pack it up with a README for the SODE objects installation and add it to the Library here for all to enjoy. Then I may do some flying again though I did have a nice flight in my DC3 from PANC Ted Stevens to Fairbanks Alaska in 1959 yesterday afternoon with Calclassics scenery.

tAS1EtR.jpg

It's All Finished

I have just finished packing the finished airport with all the associated files in a zip folder and am going to upload it in a few moments to the Warbirds Library. I hope you all enjoy it. If you find any problems please PM me and I will check them out as quickly as I can. :loyal:

Back