• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

I'm Back

falcon409

SOH-CM-2022
I've been in the new apartment for a little over 2 weeks now but getting back to Flight Sim has been a low priority til now. I have found another airport to work on and it should be fairly easy to finish as it will be daytime only and just Spring, Summer and early Fall. Also there are very few buildings at this field so that should cut down on building time quite a bit.

This one is located in Texas and while I've never heard of it, it seems to be very popular. I've posted an early image so maybe some one from the area might recognize it.

Texas-2023-nov-18-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

More later!

Good to see you back Ed, I'm back too and have been lurching around the skies in FSX (sometimes even in multiplayer with Rob) and on TS3 daily as well (gasp!) :dizzy::pop4:

Hey what times are you up in TS?
It varies depending on what time the puppy gets us up or if my daughter is on an early or late shift but usually somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30 Eastern and then I leave it on until bedtime (the old routine :listening_headphone!)

Welcome back and I enjoy reading your posts especially your announcements for your new airport sceneries.

Regards,

Aharon

This forum is dead. lol

The Airport is Reklaw/Flying M Ranch nestled in the Piney Woods of east Texas.

Here's a suggestion. . .lets do a fly-in of our own sometime. . .hmmmmm?

Another nice looking airport Ed.

Don't do MP my self but look forward to doing some trips around there.

Gavin

JoinFS

This forum is dead. lol

The Airport is Reklaw/Flying M Ranch nestled in the Piney Woods of east Texas.

Here's a suggestion. . .lets do a fly-in of our own sometime. . .hmmmmm?

https://joinfs.net/ Works across all platforms even MSFS according to the latest post on their website. It would really be a lot of fun to have our own flyin and whoever wants to could join in. From my 91st BG days to see who is flying what you will need to put in a "sign in sheet" here of what aircraft each participant is using so that JoinFS does not substitute Cessna Skyhawks for everyone's aircraft that is NOT in your simulator. You just need to add a model of the aircraft in your simobjects/airplanes in FSX and P3D. I don't know what MSFS uses not flying it but you users do. Those of us who are interested how about posting your "YES I'll Join" like Tako Kichi above in this thread for ED and then he can see if enough guys are interested, he can coordinate a date we can all agree on being available once he posts the scenery in the Library.

SOH used to have it's own FSHost server until we moved servers to save costs a couple of years ago and online MP flying was a nightly occurrence. We still have a working TeamSpeak 3 server to allow voice communications between participants and use it to just 'rag chew' regularly too. If you look at the bottom of the 'Forum' tab at the top of this page you can see if anyone is currently active on the TS3 server and if you have TS3 installed clicking on the 'Join Server' link will connect you directly to the SOH server. As for flying those of us who fly in online multiplayer regularly use JoinFS on a direct connection between the participants rather than connecting to a public server.

Hope We Get Some Participants

Hey Larry,
I hope that we can get a few more to fly with us besides you, me and Ed. I know about the SOH TS3 channel though I haven't been on there in a while. I have my own channel on it at the bottom called Empire Airways where some of us would get together though again not in a good while with them pursuing other hobbies though still having FS installed on their computer, I stay in touch.

I have been doing more than flying as you can see from my posts on here like Enterprise Air Group though I probably won't fly in Alaska anymore. The other day I flew from one of my airports to another I created KMGW to KAMB in my Skyhawk just for a lay-back leisurely flight of a couple hours. I landed just before a beautiful sunset, all nice clear weather on REX.:wavey:

Hello all,

I've never flown online but it sounds like it could be fun. I think my problem would be trying to find the time. I'm an early riser and do my simming in the early hours of the morning while my wife is still sleeping.

Rob

Timing is probably the toughest part of an online MP gathering. Not only are there multiple time zones to contend with, but also multiple countries. Weekends are sometimes a good way to even everything out as more folks are at their leisure during those two days. Basically what it comes down to is setting a time (agreed to by a majority), then getting those people who can make it, online and connected to JoinFS (the best program for stutter free flying that I know of). That program would be a must for anyone who planned on making the Fly-In. Another program would be TeamSpeak for Comms. It's much better if everyone can chat back and forth while enroute to Reklaw and then especially once in the pattern so we don't have overlapping landings or landings from different ends of the runway.

I know there are many who don't like MP (it's too difficult to get online, I don't have high speed service, I don't want to chance getting a virus passed along while connected) and just as many who don't like having to use Teamspeak for a variety of reasons (it's too hard to setup, I don't speak good English, I don't like the way I sound and so on). If you simply don't want to participate that's ok, this is something that should be enjoyed by everyone who wants to do some fun, online flying with other members. However, I can tell you that getting connected to MP can have a few stumbling blocks to get over but there'll be plenty of time to weed those out if you want to participate. As for Teamspeak, again there are things within the program that must be set correctly, but it's not difficult.

If enough people show a true interest, I'll get a list together of the programs you need so everyone who doesn't have them can download them and also the scenery that we'll be using so that everyone sees the same scenery. More to come.

As You Say

It's really fun and realistic way to sim. From my experience in multiple military VA's I well know the stumbling blocks but I felt it was worth it. My problem back thern was a slow laptop connection that stuttered when we got 12-14 aircraft in a formation all together plus scenery, but now being on P3D; 8Gig of RAM and 1TB of HDD I am getting good frame rates even with Carenado or Aerosoft. Count me in.

Richard :encouragement:

I haven't done it in over a decade but used to do it regularly - 2 days / week every week. I'd be interested in giving a try, but...what sim are we talking about? I'm FSX.

Back