• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

I'm Back

I haven't done it in over a decade but used to do it regularly - 2 days / week every week. I'd be interested in giving a try, but...what sim are we talking about? I'm FSX.

As am I Duckie and I imagine many others who might see this are as well. I also have P3D_V4.5, but because I do all my scenery in FSX that's normally all I fly. I would imagine P3D would also work but MSFS??? As long as everyone uses the same scenery (I'll make those available), the two sims should work together. In the past the only problems I've seen is elevation miscues. . .some landing on the runway, some landing 50' above everyone else and some who end up 10' underground due to terrain addons and such.

As am I Duckie and I imagine many others who might see this are as well. I also have P3D_V4.5, but because I do all my scenery in FSX that's normally all I fly. I would imagine P3D would also work but MSFS??? As long as everyone uses the same scenery (I'll make those available), the two sims should work together. In the past the only problems I've seen is elevation miscues. . .some landing on the runway, some landing 50' above everyone else and some who end up 10' underground due to terrain addons and such.

Hey Ed, thanks for the scoop. Add me your list please. I would need all the apps and probably a little setup assistance if the time comes to give a try. I'll need to install the required scenery. I probably have them all in my library just not all are installed. Thanks for sharing interest.

Steve

The Only Problem

I have found all of my FSX created scenery to work in P3D V4.5 without any problems and I will be happy to test them before we get 10 guys on the tarmac. JoinFS will work with any sim. Aircrafts may be another story though unless they are in both sim's versions like Cessna Skyhawks; Beech Baron B58 etc. Some FSX payware doesn't work in P3D V4.5

I am thinking of flying my Spartan Executive and will supply both versions of it. I am currently (so far...oops I should not tempt the fates) successfully though slowly and testing creating a VC of my 2D custom panel and am very excited. P3D V5+ some works and some doesn't. MSFS is its own beast so neither the scenery or the aircraft will work to my knowledge unless designed specifically for it. Likewise for X-plane all versions. It's too bad there is not a cross compatibility between the simulators. Glad that P3D up to 4.5 is able to use most of the FSX stuff.

Richard

Just got my AH DC-3 in and out of there with no problem at MTOW / MLW ---about 2700 ft long runway, plenty of width in the stock P3d4.5 scenery

With JoinFS you can substitute any player's aircraft with one from your own hangar if you don't have what they are flying and sometimes that is necessary even if you do have the same aircraft. Myself, Moses03, SrGalahad and sometimes Ed would fly in the evenings and if we were all flying Lionheart's payware Belanca Super Viking then we were almost guaranteed an OOM error within 5 minutes of gathering on the airfield. There is some sort of memory leak with that aircraft in MP but if you substitute another aircraft for the other Belancas then you can fly together without issue (we typically substituted with the LDR Navion without a problem).

Why thank you sir. Very kind of you to share. I really like how you got the bare grass areas so realistic looking. It looks great

Last edited:
Back