• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

I'm Liking TileProxy!! (many pics)

B

BananaBob

The last posts by Feng (2004 section) and Bill did it. :ernae:

25tpfsxme1.jpg

5tpfsxir2.jpg

26tpfsxiu7.jpg

24tpfsxmu8.jpg

23tpfsxss0.jpg

Great shots Bob - now stop having fun and get on with that BO-105 repaint!! :banghead:

(Joking of course :icon_lol:)

Wow - they really do look great - love the 2nd one in the batch above :applause::applause:

Great shots Bob - now stop having fun and get on with that BO-105 repaint!! :banghead:

(Joking of course :icon_lol:)

LOL, yeah I spent a lot of time flying today, actually ran out of fuel almost, had to land and tank up, I usually don't fly that much but I had to see what was around the next corner. Thanks mate. :ernae:

LOL, yeah I spent a lot of time flying today, actually ran out of fuel almost, had to land and tank up, I usually don't fly that much but I had to see what was around the next corner. Thanks mate. :ernae:

Ah - remember that re-painters must re-fuel.

You deserve some fun :applause:

Wow that does look cool! Might have to setup a copy of FSX to try this out!

This is probably a dumb question, but can you use airport addon scenery and AFCAD's with tile proxy? Also, if you like to fly fast movers, how low can you go before the blurries start (asssuming you have a decent rig). I looked at their website but my Q's weren't covered, so a little user knowledge would be helpful.

This is probably a dumb question, but can you use airport addon scenery and AFCAD's with tile proxy? Also, if you like to fly fast movers, how low can you go before the blurries start (asssuming you have a decent rig). I looked at their website but my Q's weren't covered, so a little user knowledge would be helpful.

Basically it's for slow movers, I think the directions said something about anything over 100-150 mph will cause blurring or troubles, it's only Summer too from what I've learned, no night textures either. Not sure about airports, I turn everything off (sliders for autogen and stuff) I just like exploring and it looks so real. :ernae:

Thanks!

Oh look...I can see Airwolf from here... :costumes:

You guys are killing me. I've been resisting the tileproxy....

That looks awesome, but one sentence on their web site has me worried:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
“ … if you If you choose to fly normally (i.e. without TileProxy active) you can simply boot FS without starting TP first and fly with all default scenery, autogen, etc. …”
<o:p></o:p>
The implication here is that TP removes all the autogen scenery from FS. Is that true? That’s kind of important. It takes the product from a “sure thing” to a “no deal” for me. This, mayhap, explains the screen shots so far are all over desert terrain..? Lets see what New York City looks like… :mixedsmi: I just like having 3d buildings and trees. If this is true, I think it should be made a little clearer. Does do wonders for the terrain, though!

You and Lionheart are making me sick.

I installed TP the other day for FSX and something I did trying to get it to work totally fubared FSX. I had to spend all day Friday uninstalling FSX, Acceleration, and UTX-USA. I am too frightened to install TP again, but :censored: thiose shots just make me drool!

Somebody please, point out how to install this program for dummies like me!

Caz

Those are nice shots...This has intrested me since Lionheart posted shots, but perhaps one day i'll ventyre into it....Just got enough going on now with FSX....LOL

Love the mountains though....:applause::applause::ernae:

Yeah, I'm just going to use it for mountainous scenery or desert, looks best because there is no autogen unless you have payware scenery or places like default New York will have buildings and bridges. No seasons from what I've noticed because most of the satellite images are taken during summer. It's not hard to set up, you just have to read this page----> http://edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/ and then download the program, about 60mb and another file which has preset .ini files in it for FS9 and FSX, whichever you want to use it with, or both. I had tried to install it before but didn't read that page, plus I had my settings on Fall for the season and nothing was showing up, LOL...... must be on Summer.:ernae:

I made a partition (highly recommended) on my second drive, 50GB of space and during install of TileProxy, it will ask you where you want to place two folders, world scenery and cache, I pointed both of those to that partition and I keep that partition defragged because it will frag up quickly.

Back