• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

IndiaFoxtEcho

Grazie mille Dino !

KwI0vKS.jpg

Grumman E2 Hawkeye "Marine Nationale" near Uturoa NTTR, French Polynesia (FSJ)...

Second batch released: Lockheed Martin F35A,B,C, Eurofighter Typhoon. Thank you Dino!

7SBVye5.jpg

F35A RNLAF in NL2000's Woensdrecht Air Base EHWO, Netherlands

Last edited:
Without VRS|TacPack (payware), this fancy load manager won't work (even after removing the yellow bitmap warning).

You can play with the default load manager, for example I added 731 lbs at station 3 and 9 to get fuel tanks on the F35A (check inside aircraft.cfg for more instructions):

bvemr1v.jpg

It's the same logic for the Eurofighter...

fScJZJZ.jpg

Nice fictional US repaint by Rick...

Without VRS|TacPack (payware), this fancy load manager won't work (even after removing the yellow bitmap warning).

You can play with the default load manager, for example I added 731 lbs at station 3 and 9 to get fuel tanks on the F35A (check inside aircraft.cfg for more instructions):

bvemr1v.jpg

It's the same logic for the Eurofighter...

fScJZJZ.jpg

Nice fictional US repaint by Rick...
Ok, thanks for info.

I haven't checked yet, but it maybe possible to modify the v2.41 Non-TacPack Weapons Configurator.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101527-Addon-for-Dino-s-F-35-V2-41-zip

Thank you Dino for being so generous these aircraft are truly awesome and,I am having a great time flying them.Good luck with all your future endeavors.

This is what it says in the readme
- DONOT attempt to use this addon in V3.* of the F-35 package (at present: payware), because it won't work as intended.

Regards Paul Day.

Version 3.65 - 17/11/2019
- Added CEX navaids compatibility

Previously I managed to get this working in FSX, there is a bug however.

Navaids.xml
(L:CEX_ICLS_glideslope,degrees) (>L:VRSTP_ILS_LOC, degrees)
needs to be changed to
(L:CEX_ICLS_lineup,degrees) (>L:VRSTP_ILS_LOC, degrees)

Presumably some of the other later fixes could be implemented in FSX also.

This is what it says in the readme - DONOT attempt to use this addon in V3.* of the F-35 package (at present: payware), because it won't work as intended.
You are correct. Rob explained, "From an XML gauge, it's not possible to directly set things like fuel and payload weights. Tom Aguilo made a great addon module (XMLTools) which provides this feature; using the SimConnect interface to FSX. However, the result of setting weights this way doesn't give true "integer" values; which are tested for in the visual models (to display the weapons) and several gauges. So I included patched versions of these files, which solves this problem." It's a bit tricky to do, but I've redone Rob's MDL mods to the F35A external model. I've attached a JojoDiff patch file for anyone to test this. https://sourceforge.net/projects/jojodiff/ rename f35a.mdl to F35Atacpack.MDL place f35a.txt and JDiff.exe in the same folder and run from a command prompt, jdiff -u F35Atacpack.MDL f35a.txt f35a.mdl It seems to work okay for me, I'll probably experiment with the Typhoon next.

Attachments

• f35a.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 21
I've had a rethink.
Instead of using 'near' use 'int'
So, a Hex edit of the MDL files is still required, but simple;
replace all
', pounds)'
with
',lbs) int'
(the same number of characters)

Then because 'int' rounds down, add a tenth of a pound to all the weights.
Using notepad edit F35NonTacPackConfig.xml, replace all
' } (>C:SIMVARS:pAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:'
with
'.1 } (>C:SIMVARS:pAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:'

I've had a rethink.
Instead of using 'near' use 'int'
So, a Hex edit of the MDL files is still required, but simple;
replace all
', pounds)'
with
',lbs) int'
(the same number of characters)

Then because 'int' rounds down, add a tenth of a pound to all the weights.
Using notepad edit F35NonTacPackConfig.xml, replace all
' } (>C:SIMVARS:pAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:'
with
'.1 } (>C:SIMVARS:pAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:'

Also for the 'A:payload Station Weight:' entries in FUEL.xml and SMS.xml
replace
', pounds)'
with
', pounds) near'

I've started modifying the typhoon, EFAConfig.xml needs to have it's <Script> sections changed
e.g.

<Script>
(A:pAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:14,pounds) near 188 ==
if{ 0 } els{ 188.1 } (>C:SIMVARS:pAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT:14,pounds)
</Script>

Don't forget the .1 on each weight.
The required weights are listed in Aircraft.cfg.

Back