• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Jet Provost T.4 relased

Just purchased this and very happy with it. Flies well, graphics very good. Very nostalgic for me as I grew up in the UK in the 1960's so very familiar with the JP and have wanted to fly one ever since the Rick Piper model for FS2004/2002. I feel it needs a co-pilot camera definition in the vc so I might make one if that's ok.

Many thanks for your support! I love Rick's model and have had some good times in it. I would love to fly a Provost or a Strikemaster some time, but the closest thing to a jet so far is the Long-EZ.
I agree regarding the camera definition. I will add some more for the PBR release. If you make one, please share. I will add it with your permission.

Rotorhub

Last edited:
Hi Rotorhub,

I supported your work by buying it. Great stuff!

Thanks so much for bringing this model to the community at a very reasonable price I might say!

Cheers,

Priller

Very nice. Looking forward to your FSX version. :encouragement:

Install files are beeing tested. I am just fixing a "cold and dark" starter issue for the P3D version first.
My web page is down for the moment (My service provider is working on it), but I will notify you when it is out.

Rotorhub

Hi Rotorhub,

I supported your work by buying it. Great stuff!

Thanks so much for bringing this model to the community at a very reasonable price I might say!

Cheers,

Priller
Thank you Priller!
Glad you liked it, and I think the price is fair. I am only a "one man band" doing planes that I love to fly myself.

I am working on a few liveries that will be avialable next year.

Regards
Rotorhub

Thank you Priller!
Glad you liked it, and I think the price is fair. I am only a "one man band" doing planes that I love to fly myself.

I am working on a few liveries that will be avialable next year.

Regards
Rotorhub

If there is still time, please consider a camo one or the low viz grey ones that were flown by 79 Sqn (I think)

BTW, this is realy a very nice flyer. I'm amazed at the power it actually has.

Thanks again for this nice model. I've tried converting it to MSFS, but sadly that didn't work.

Cheers,

Priller

This aircraft model has given me so much pleasure, I flew the Mk3a out of Church Fenton in the early eighties. May I say thank you so much.

Very best

Eric

15 Euro is the correct price, so it was probably a typo.

I can not commit to a release date for the update just now, but it is on top of my list. I will need to understand the process better. I am looking into Substance painter or similar software for the best result.

Rotorhub

15€ is indeed the correct price, but 3.15€ VAT is added, which brings the total price to 18.15 which is still quite reasonable

Priller

Rotorhub,

Great little aircraft!
Really enjoying it.
Thanks for your efforts on this one, looking forward to more like it!

Cheers, Bernard

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2020-12-20_13-26-25-94 (2).jpg
    2020-12-20_13-26-25-94 (2).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 760
This aircraft model has given me so much pleasure, I flew the Mk3a out of Church Fenton in the early eighties. May I say thank you so much.

Very best

Eric
Thank you Eric! It is fun to know about someone how actually has beein in the air with this aircraft. Roy Holmes, who did the aerodynamics is a former Hunter and T.4 pilot.
I have just been in the cockpit in a museum. If I can afford it, I sure would like to fly it some day. Until then it is VR flying only. I am designing a T4 dual VR cockpit, with student/instructor interaction through shared cockpit.

Best regards
Rotorhub

Simmarket adds VAT, but I think it applies to EU countries only? I have never seen it on my payments to Simmarket, going back to 2003.

Rotorhub

Install files are beeing tested. I am just fixing a "cold and dark" starter issue for the P3D version first.
My web page is down for the moment (My service provider is working on it), but I will notify you when it is out.

Rotorhub
Thanks for the update.

Rotorhub
Any progress on the FSX version??

Can't help with the repaints, though since moving to VR I don't bother with repaints much anyway...but

Since buying the JP I've flown nothing else, having a great time flying around RAF Valley doing circuits and cross-countries in company with lots of AI JPs :)

I'm using the MSPG RAF Valley and the John Young AI Jet Provosts with traffic files from MAIW - you could use the AI colour schemes as inspiration for a repaint...if no one else leaps in I'll try and at least put the tip-tank lettering on to match the AI.

I had to modify the Hawk traffic files to get JPs at Valley, for some reason I can't get the MAIW JP traffic files to work at the Yorkshire airbases which are the correct home for JPs - are there any AI Guru's about who might advise?
But Valley is no hardship, all those valleys :)

Cheers
Keith

Uploaded a repaint to flightsim.com. Bit rough as there is no paint kit so had to hack and slash to create one.

79Sqn/1TWU:

JP_79Sqn.png

Uploaded a repaint to flightsim.com. Bit rough as there is no paint kit so had to hack and slash to create one.79Sqn/1TWU:View attachment 81543
That was a very nice paintjob, thanks! I am working on two new paints, but real life and the T.4 update 1.01 had my priority. I am doing the Red Pelicans and the Grey with yellow bands. It is hand drawn vector paints, and should come out nice once done.I can probably put togeheter my Photoshop files for upload here, including the basic template of the fuse, wings and canopy. Those are the the main parts for exterior painting. Right now I am trying to get my hands around the PBR textures, and the release of the FSX version.RegardsRotorhub

Thanks Rotorhub. It is a lovely model and deserves the attention.

A simple paint kit would be fantastic as I have lost all the nice shading and a lot of panel line detail when scooping them out with magic wand. Sorry, bit of a painting luddite as only use paint.net.

Got two more potentially in the pipeline; the Macaws 1968 (a Mk 3 scheme, but for authenticity could always reduce the thrust!) and XR679 in her final incarnation in A/D grey with yellow fuselage band.

Thanks Rotorhub. It is a lovely model and deserves the attention.A simple paint kit would be fantastic as I have lost all the nice shading and a lot of panel line detail when scooping them out with magic wand. Sorry, bit of a painting luddite as only use paint.net.Got two more potentially in the pipeline; the Macaws 1968 (a Mk 3 scheme, but for authenticity could always reduce the thrust!) and XR679 in her final incarnation in A/D grey with yellow fuselage band.
The paint looks good anyways, I will download and try it. Nice choice for the others as well. The Photoshop files includes the details and the Ambient Occlusion layer used for shadowing. I just need to take the time and organize it, I will let you know.How did you add your image, external link? I have no option to attach images, perhaps due to server change? Rotorhub

Back