• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

JF Hunter F.6 / FGA.9 preview

Well, for a well-respected member of the FS community, your last comment was indeed interesting. Way to get more respect. I am sorry if a cloud has edged over your sun at the moment but it is not intentional and you most certainly can't "own" the subject. For whatever the reason, you dislike us, I get it but your comments in other forums indicate some pretty deep wounds. Time to move on my friend. :engel016:

Thankyou. What exactly do you not like about the glass? I think it may be a lighting thing in the shots.

Sorry for my late reply.
In the latest shots, the canopy glass seemed a bit greyish, king of milky, which gives a FS9-ish impression.
But as you said, it might simply be a lighting issue, since the canopy looks quite good in the first screenshot of the topic.
Again, my comments were only about the materiel or texture of the canopy, nothing else. The rest of the model looks simply fantastic :applause:

No worries. If you know the recently released Meteor, the canopy materials are the same.:engel016:

Can I ask a technical question...what about the exterior materials?

1. Specifically, is a single fresnel affecting both specular and Reflection? (Please say no...hoping)

2. Is alpha reflection enabled 100% in the 3d. So that full reflection can be controlled by the alpha channel?

3. Dies it use the default environment map callout? (Enables dynamic reflections in P3D).

Just curious about these 2 items....Unfortunately for my wallet my passion for.this aircraft will yield a purchase either way...

Since the release of the video, there has been much finessing including the correction of rear canopy frame to clear perspex (for the eagle-eyed), angle of boarding ladder, new ejection seat and harness, remodeled nose and gun-chute area and a heck of a lot more. Systems -wise you'll have electrical/manual tail-feathers, automatic payload adjustment to flight characteristics, auto cold-dark setup selection and more.

The materials are designed to suit the model.:engel016:

Interesting and well done video.

The aircraft sound suite as portrayed is quite evocative....I think. I've never had the chance to see or hear a real Hawker Hunter. Do they actually have that low howl as they come toward you?

If so, great capture, very distinctive.

Beautiful !
But the canopy glass still looks terrible. Not the shape, the transparency. We almost can't see the pilot through it.
The canopy is not supposed to be opaque, not even milky.

Here is how it looks like in the video:
daube_image0307.jpg

And here is how it looks like in real life:
g-kaxf-hawker-hunter-foundation-hawker-hunter-f-mk6_PlanespottersNet_518323.jpg

Or did they simulate the canopy fogging ?

Back