JoinFS Helicopter Problems

Tako_Kichi

Administrator
Staff member
Do any of you rotorheads use JoinFS for helo multiplayer?

I fly MP most evenings and last night Rob (my flying buddy) and I decided to switch to helos for a few legs as we go island hopping and volcano investigating up the Indonesian island chain from SE to NW.

We encountered this problem last May when we took part in the Marrakesh Express and never really solved it then either. The issue is that neither of us can see the other pilot in their helicopter of choice and we cannot 'substitute' their aircraft for one of ours. The only thing that works is if we put the other pilot into a default AI helicopter so in Rob's case flying FSX he can only see me in a Chinook and in P3D I can only see Rob if I put him in a default AI Sea Knight. Part of the problem may be because we had both switched from PC-12s to Bell 222s and we know that can cause issues with helos. It may be that tomorrow we will be able to see each other in our actual helos after a sim/computer shutdown but it is very hit and miss and very annoying.

Has anyone seen anything similar and maybe have some suggestions as it is very frustrating. I have Googled for hints but there is not much info out there. JoinFS works great for fixed wing aircraft of all types but seems to throw problems with helos for some reason.
 
We tried again today and after a shutdown overnight and a restart of both the PC and the sim I could substitute Rob into one of my P3D CeraSim Bell 222s (he was in FSX in a Jordan Moore 222) BUT he had no rotor animations. Ho hum, the trials of flight simming!
 
Back
Top