• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

KBT L-188 Lockheed Electra for P3DV5

This looks really nice, thanks for all the work. It's been a great while since I've cranked up v5, but this will urge me to do so. I believe it's the green nav light that casts that lovely color all over the side of the aircraft. It disappears when turning off nav lights. I see it on occasion with AI models, and on some user aircraft as well.

The shaking issue has been there since the beginning of this model by KBT. It was present in the 2004 then the FSX version as well. It is not consistent in its appearance - that is sometimes it does it and then sometimes it does not and it is only visible from inside the VC and not evident externally and only when engines are stopped. What the coding issue is that causes this remains a mystery (for the time being).

Indeed a mystery this shaking. Gave the Electra a really good run yesterday, stop start all over the place and a longish flight of 3 hours to full stop. Only a bit of shaking after first start then shutdown and it did not reappear, stable as normal- go figure! Might be a little bit of old code lurking there somewheres!

Scorch's Air Tanker Mods work fine with the updated Electra as well! Good Stuff!

bLz3NMy.jpg

Scorch's Air Tanker Mods work fine with the updated Electra as well! Good Stuff!

bLz3NMy.jpg

Awesome!

In terms of the VC jittering, is it by chance a control gauge tied to engine vibration perhaps? I happened to run into this being an issue with the ICARO AW139 I'm working on currently. The built in jittering from engine vibration gauge conflicts with TrackIR, so I had to try and track down a way to disable it to stop the nausea inducing jitter it caused with TrackIR enabled. Turns out it was this control gauge in one of the modules in the panel.cfg causing it. I had to go into each xml file to track down which gauge was controlling that effect. But the VC only movements like you mention is what led me to the xml effect controller gauges. Maybe this is the same for the Electra somewhere in there.

I've managed to throw the Electra back into my schedule the last day or so. I've been experimenting with PBR recently and have started the early process of adding it to the tanker version of the Electra. I plan on adding this onto the pack you guys have already put together for the upgrade kit. This will be a V2.0 from me essentially of the L-188s once I get them done. So far it's looking fairly good I'd say given I'm only several hours into just the external additions of PBR. Still a lot to do though.

L188v2.jpg

Scorch00 - this will be good. Look forward to seeing how it goes. Currently the L-188 is as is (for those who have the updated version) and nothing from KBT at all on that!. The PBR, EA and True Sky with DX12 etc is a whole new ball game, learnt enough so far to realise I know nothing about real time dynamic RGB pixel manipulation and what has actually arisen in computing and graphics here over the past decades!

I'll need to apply the changes you all did in the update pack to the PBR updated version and do the same for the Cargo Tanker versions. I'll probably do them one at a time to make sure I don't mess something up with the applying the update and then go from there. So far the progress continues to look good I think. My knowledge of PBR is still fairly basic, but they will at least have it to the best of my ability. I'm sure once a much more experienced person gets ahold of it, they'll make it even better looking.

electra20.jpg

Good work, that looks very promising. I have to admit the PBR thing is beyond me at the moment, I would have to go and get a really good high level paint program so leave it at the moment (Happy with Paint.net). PBR like EA and TrueSky are real game changers with graphics in the sim, but not easy - the math programming behind TrueSky is daunting (and I did high level math but it has been a long time). The problem as I see it with PBR is you need to get the materials attached to the model not just a cut and paste job now!

Good work, that looks very promising. I have to admit the PBR thing is beyond me at the moment, I would have to go and get a really good high level paint program so leave it at the moment (Happy with Paint.net). PBR like EA and TrueSky are real game changers with graphics in the sim, but not easy - the math programming behind TrueSky is daunting (and I did high level math but it has been a long time). The problem as I see it with PBR is you need to get the materials attached to the model not just a cut and paste job now!

I use all free programs. I use Blender, Paint.net, and DXTBmp and that's really it. But I've been implementing my PBR experiments using MCX, it's the easiest way for me given my abilities first of all, and program restrictions being the other. MCX apparently has setting built into it to add PBR to models relatively easily, it just takes a lot of experimentation. At least for my setup. I'm still learning it obviously. A lot of stuff with MCX is trial and error it seems. There are some tutorials and forum posts, but not a whole lot specifically.

Back